Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal experiences with cars

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Personal experiences with cars

I've owned and drove a 1987 jetta carat, 1997golf 4dr, 1992 Fleetwood caddy (still the most comfortable car I've ever drove), 1997 jeep tj, 2002 mitsubishi outlander, 2010 Ford f150, 1996 vw golf gti, 2005 gmc Jimmy, 1982 Mercedes i don't know wtf model....my favorite car has got to be my 2015 mirage... I have never treated such a cheap car so well. It's my pride and joy. That is all. This car is the ��

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    I've owned and drove a 1987 jetta carat, 1997golf 4dr, 1992 Fleetwood caddy (still the most comfortable car I've ever drove), 1997 jeep tj, 2002 mitsubishi outlander, 2010 Ford f150, 1996 vw golf gti, 2005 gmc Jimmy, 1982 Mercedes i don't know wtf model....my favorite car has got to be my 2015 mirage... I have never treated such a cheap car so well. It's my pride and joy. That is all. This car is the ��
    I know the feeling. My Mirages are priceless to me. I pity the person who opens their car carelessly while I'm standing there. It might be very ugly.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    I had a 94 Fleetwood. Loved that car with the 5.7L LT1 V8. 335lbft moved that car so effortlessly down the freeway.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Great experiences with my old Accords, one auto or 5speed. Terrible experiences with my old Mercury Marquis, 1999 Nissan Altima, and 2004 Subaru Outback. My neighbor is a Subaru Technician and he tried to explain to me that Subaru uses Aisin CVTs now which is bull****. They build their own uses JATCO parts to their specifications. The guy did agree with our theory that low torque, low curb weight, makes a big difference in CVT longevity and that Subaru is starting to experience the same issues Nissan has been having with reliability. My old H6 3.0 Outback had a trad 6speed auto and was about the only thing reliable in that car! Even though I only averaged 20 mpg combined! I also found out at the time that if you had an AWD vehicle, got a flat, you had to replace all 4 wheels! If you didnt it could throw off your differentials, trashing your transmission. Living down here where the weather is nice, owning a Subaru is a complete waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I also found out at the time that if you had an AWD vehicle, got a flat, you had to replace all 4 wheels! If you didnt it could throw off your differentials, trashing your transmission.
    Unless your other 3 tires are totally worn out I see zero need to replace all four other than to make money. If anything I'd say it'd wear the transfer case before the diffs and have nothing to do with the transmission.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-20-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Unless your other 3 tires are totally worn out I see zero need to replace all four other than to make money. If anything I'd say it'd wear the transfer case before the diffs and have nothing to do with the transmission.
    Subaru is building such useless garbage, is facing so many lawsuits that they'd be wise to enter bankruptcy and wind up business. a niche brand like them in this economic climate will buckle under the strain they're facing.

I've a feeling that Subaru would deny some poor sucker warranty because he replaced ONE tire. Hey, it's new so it's a different diameter, right? It will rotate at a different speed than the other wheels, right? Too much driveline stress, Warranty denied. Sue us if you want.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-20-2019)

Good point. I see warranty problems. I meant if I had old one without warranty and someone told me I need 4 new tires I'd suggest they perform filaccio.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I thought Toyotas and Hondas were over priced, until I owned a Subaru lol. God I wish Suzuki and Isuzu would come back! If only the avg consumer realized the actual Suzukis that were built in Japan, were extremely reliable and not all that Daewoo rebadge crap they fell into unfortunately. Isuzu made great little trucks too, I still see them from time to time, some easily from the 80s.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Drove two Toyotas:
    2010 Corolla: bland, mainstream, but not troubles whatsoever...only drove for like 20K miles due to a short lease, and really short commute

2012 Scion iQ:
    - threw a belt around 100K miles
    - had a service bulletin for carbon buildup (free rebuild!)
    - no CVT issues, ~130K miles when totaled, never did recommended flush... (not sure if Toyota or dealer recommended...)
    - it was REALLY fun to drive such a short car
    - the CVT was geared for non-freeway driving

My only experience with Mitsubishi has been my 2018 Mirage SE, which has been trouble-free for the ~33K miles on the clock

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    My coworker had the same issue with his Scion coupe. Surprising those car had issues considering they were Toyotas. I was sad to hear Toyota abandoned their cheap brand. Now Mitsu and KIA fill that void, but without the Toyoya reputation of reliability.