Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: heated seats wiring help needed!!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Is this not a white unused plug er no? Attachment 16055
    I think it's just a plastic clip. I'll look closer later today.

I'm positive all our cars are es plus models. They're all 15, 17' and 19's. The 15 and 17's are optioned exactly the same. Bluetooth(on the wheel), front and rear power windows,ac,keyless entry. No heated seats,cruise,nav,back up camera. I don't know about the es? I don't think they had cruise or bluetooth. I hate how mfg change options around so much...

We got kinda screwed with the new kia. Bought a 2020 assuming it was configured the same as a 2019 but nope they removed one option for 20' and to get it you had to go up a trim level or 2. It sucks but I did zero research and didn't care whatsoever about getting a new vehicle other than yay, I don't have to constantly fix something for at least 5 years lol.
    You're absolutely right the ES lacks cruise & blue tooth. But...the $4k Plus package, as on your cars, lacks cruise even you get BT. Cruise isn't listed as a dealer installed option. You need to buy an SE trim.

I got hosed the same way when I bought a Tempo Sport (yep, such a beast was made, lol) and getting the V6 meant the loss of other options standard on the GL (a I4 engine one trim level down).

The more I read the differences between US & Canadian brochures it becomes more evident Canada gets a real screwing on standard equipment.

2014 Brochure
    https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/b...014-mirage.pdf
    So in 2014 you don't have a top spec car unless you have an SE with the convenience package added to it?
    It looks like you are correct about the DE. I don't think a DE was ever available in Canada period according to the brochures?
    2015 Brochure
    https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/b...015-mirage.pdf

https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/b...019-mirage.pdf

Couldn't find one for 17 or 18 yet
    Thanks for finding those. Google didn't do it for me, weird. Now I have a fairly complete Mitsu catalog of trim levels.

ETA: Here's the 2017 trim (fleet brochure); https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...zrEYHkdJAUt9XA

and the Mirage fleet brochure for 2015/2016; https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...cURX_5-bll12iy

Last edited by Wallythacker; 11-20-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I'm sure we had a sport tempo at the wrecker many moons ago. Even had a v6 one too. Was the sport mainly a 2 door with body colored bumpers and grille?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    color mirrors, cargo rack on trunk, power windows, integrated headrests, cruise, those are the ones I can remember and I'm pretty sure about on the sport. On my v6 they deleted the trunk rack, the colored mirrors and other junk I forget.

It's funny, my first Tempo, an '86 L, 5MT, AC with other stuff was a $9,999 special brand new.

My second Tempo, an '87 sport GL, 5MT, PW, PDL, AC, PM, was a $10,999 special.

My last Tempo was a GLS, loaded '92, $10,499. Last GLS year, hence the cheap price.

Wiki says the Tempo back then sold far more than the Camry of today!!! Tempo 1st year sales were 400,000!

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-20-2019)

Pretty fancy! I had a tempo and a topaz. Can't remember what year, they were free.
    I remember a guy having a diesel tempo and loved it. I've never seen an awd tempo though apparently they exist(ed). Not sure if it was just with the 2.3l gas or what engine the awd had.

Who else likes talking about tempos lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Tempo talk? Lol, no kidding! However, all my Tempos were capable of 50 mpg if driven on a cool summer night at reasonable speeds with just me. My 87 had a lifetime average around 34 mpg IIRC. I used to keep an Excel file. My buddy's friend had a diesel Tempo. He routinely pulled a single horse trailer with it. Those are pretty heavy, right? They were an amazing car. Keep spare tie rod ends in the trunk and you were golden.

Oh ya, get this, my 86 was.....wine red!! You can't make life up!