Thread: What?? Mirage recognized for best resale value by ALG

What?? Mirage recognized for best resale value by ALG

Name:  alg-mirage.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  52.3 KB

ALG does annual studies to recognize brands & individual models that best retain their value.

ALG’s 2020 Pre-Owned Value Awards [...] look at the lowest forecasted depreciation for vehicles that are now two to five years old, figuring out what they’ll be worth as used vehicles from 2019 to 2022.
    The awards were given out recently, and you'll never guess what's on the list.

OK, give up??

The Mitsubishi Mirage!

Of course, the writer couldn't resist injecting some all-too-common autojourno snark about the car:

But wait, what’s this? The subcompact car least likely to depreciate over the next few years is the — Mitsubishi Mirage?

It starts just under $11,000 in Canada, and J.D. Power ranks it 13th among subcompacts, behind vehicles like the Chevy Sonic. But while there isn’t anyone in our newsroom who’d willingly take it over anything but a bus pass, Power also gives it a “Great” rating for its resale value, too. Who knew?
    Source: https://driving.ca/honda/features/fe...020-alg-report

From the horse's mouth (ALG press release): https://www.alg.com/newsroom/Toyota-...ue-Awards.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

2of9 (11-20-2019)

You can only lose so much resale value buying a Mirage. After 5 years you lose 5-10k? Buy a new Escalade or Explorer, 5 years later it's likely lost closer to 10-20k and now has no warranty.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe the Mirage is still an extremely great buy for what it is. For a ultra basic economy car, it's probably the best one out there. We've seen a few go on sale for $5,000. I keep telling people that the Mirage is perfectly fine if you're looking to drive from A to B, especially if your budget is under $6k. At least around my area, I'm still seeing a few 14' & 15' models (at dealerships) still go for $7,000 to $8,000 (mileage varying the prices of course). From 'Private Sales', I'm seeing that the 'better condition' ones are going for under $5,000! Which I think is an insanely good deal (especially if it's been maintained extremely well).

For it being a Mitsubishi, the resale is pretty good! I could sell mine right now and still make some $ on it lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-20-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You can only lose so much resale value buying a Mirage. After 5 years you lose 5-10k? Buy a new Escalade or Explorer, 5 years later it's likely lost closer to 10-20k and now has no warranty.
    With the new Chevy pickup costing >$100k US, it will lose more in ONE year than the cost of two brand new Mirages!!

If your $100K Chevy was a want, and not a true NEED, and it isn't paying for itself, and you profess in any fashion that you care about the future of your grandkids, then you sir, have the IQ of an oil filter.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We are like the smartest car owners in the world. We should be like overwhelmed with hot smart chicks with glasses and stuff.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-21-2019),Eggman (11-21-2019),Fummins (11-21-2019),timw4mail (11-22-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    We are like the smartest car owners in the world. We should be like overwhelmed with hot smart chicks with glasses and stuff.
    What? y'all aren't?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I don't quite get the glasses part (what's sexy about bad eyes?), but I agree :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)