Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mirage pickup truck

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I grew up driving farm trucks that worked extremely hard (hauling corn, oats, silage, hay bales, 100 pound burlap bags of feed, overloaded with bags of fertilizer & seed, firewood, etc....) Plus, they pulled large loads of baled hay, gravity boxes of corn & oats, and large chopper boxes full of silage. These trucks were 3/4 ton with overload springs and RWD. I don't remember anyone owning a 4WD truck when I was young.

If a truck has carpeted floors in the cab, it's not really a truck in my mind. Real trucks wouldn't need WeatherTech floor mats!!!
    So this isn't a real truck? Attachment 16075 Looks like a 4 year old designed it! Way to go tesla.....

Wth, hang on I'll try to make that bigger...

Attachment 16076

There we go

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-23-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Wait our mirage engine was designed by Chrysler? That doesn't sound right. I hope not lol
    Mitsubishi's past is a long and winding road.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Wait our mirage engine was designed by Chrysler? That doesn't sound right. I hope not lol
    Mitsubishi designed it, and a Daimler-Chrysler subsidiary built them for use in European models. But I believe the 3A92s used in the Mirage are built in Thailand.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-02-2019),dspace9 (11-23-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I looked but couldn't find a 1.2 3-cylinder listed. Can you point out what engine you're talking about?

From what I can find the 3A9 series engines were developed under DaimlerChrysler and used in the 2003+ Colt & 2004-2006 Smart Forfour.
    I've read the same thing about the history of the Mirage's 3 cylinder. I know our Mirage 1.2 L was in the last generation Mitsubishi Colt for sure.

What I was talkign about there about the mini kei-style Mitsubishi van or truck with the same engine, I wonder if I read that in a comments section somewhere. I am probably wrong on that one.

I do feel like Mitsubishi has sold lots of domestic-market Japan only cars over the years. And so it's hard to keep track... with no english brochures on some Mitsu vehicles.

Like the new Nissan/Mitsubishi Xpander CUV they don't sell in Canada:Name:  xpander.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  9.2 KB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Xpander
    Last edited by dspace9; 11-23-2019 at 07:12 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I've read the same thing about the history of the Mirage's 3 cylinder. I know our Mirage 1.2 L was in the last generation Mitsubishi Colt for sure.
    No, I'm pretty sure the 3A92 1.2L was developed for this current generation Mirage, and is used in this platform only. It wasn't used in the previous generation Colt. I think that listing for the 2003 Colt in Wikipedia is incorrect.

I'm referring to this post by Daox:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    It was designed for the Mirage. It had to meet certain specifications to be built in their Thailand plant.
    and this subsequent post by MetroMPG:
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yup... Mirage only.

The requirements for the Thai Eco Car manufacturing program aren't specifically for the engine - the car just has to meet minimu fuel economy target to qualify. (There's a displacement limit too, but the engine is below it.)
    Though they share the same engine family, the 2003 Colt did not get the 3A92. Though if you have info that says otherwise, I'd like to see it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-23-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You're right Eggman. The old Colt had 1.1 and 1.5 L engine's, amongst others. I think the Mirage's 3 is like the same alloy family of engine blocks that were used in the Colt. And the Lancer. Just got its cylinder chopped off!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So this isn't a real truck? Attachment 16075 Looks like a 4 year old designed it! Way to go tesla.....

Wth, hang on I'll try to make that bigger...

Attachment 16076

There we go
    What the heck? I think the electric Rivian truck is way better than that, and you can fit a 16' board of lumber right through the Rivian.

What the heck is Elon Musk smoking? I secretly like the new Tesla Truck because it reminds me of what concept cars from 1985 thought our 2020 cars would look like.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    What the heck? I think the electric Rivian truck is way better than that, and you can fit a 16' board of lumber right through the Rivian.

What the heck is Elon Musk smoking? I secretly like the new Tesla Truck because it reminds me of what concept cars from 1985 thought our 2020 cars would look like.
    I haven't read about this in any depth but they seem to make a big deal about armor panels and such. My guess is that forming armor into wonderful complex surfaces is not really easy so you get a concept car that looks like this. Lots of flat panels joined together.

Now if you can convince people this design is what they want...Genius!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pawpaw For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-23-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe it's stealth technology to evade radar from speed traps?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

timw4mail (12-03-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw View Post
    I haven't read about this in any depth but they seem to make a big deal about armor panels and such. My guess is that forming armor into wonderful complex surfaces is not really easy so you get a concept car that looks like this. Lots of flat panels joined together.

Now if you can convince people this design is what they want...Genius!
    I saw the highlights from the LA Auto Show debut of the new Tesla etruck. On the news last night. Bulletproof truck, or at least bullet-resistant. I guess I am lucky to live somewhere where this is "overkill" but I guess some places like Elon Musk is from South Africa and there are areas you have to be careful driving in