Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Car and Driver begrudgingly reports on Mirage

I usually pay attention while driving but I make damn sure no retard changes lanes into me. In my truck I my only concern about someone doing the same is having to deal with insurance companies and who was at fault. In the car I just don’t want to die.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-24-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Of all things to worry about, armrests are not a priority for me.

That's what I like about my Mirage - it starts, and stops, it gets me where I need to go, and I don't have to fix it.
    Our little cars are surprisingly comfortable on long trips but the hard elbow rest got on my nerves. I just used a chunk of black closed cell foam, it was a leftover for fitting a ski/snowboard helmet.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Ha that's funny, I would imagine the Armada has more legroom by many inches though.
    You would certainly imagine wrong... My Baby Mama was looking at an Armada recently and wanted me to check it out for her and holy crap. Worst seating position I've EVER sat in. Like Fummins said, even at the lowest, I am looking directly at the top of the windshield, and can't stretch my legs out at all. Mirage has wayyy more room. The Armada feels like sitting in my brothers FD RX-7... Just horrible for a bigger guy, and completely incomprehensible for a full size SUV...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    How ironic is that?

The last car I sat in with true legroom was a brand-new Mustang. I think coupes in theory anyways have the greatest leg room. GT cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    How ironic is that?

The last car I sat in with true legroom was a brand-new Mustang. I think coupes in theory anyways have the greatest leg room. GT cars.
    I think that is fairly safe to say. The true king of room is a little known secret however... the 98-10 New Beetle has more leg and headroom than any vehicle I have ever sat in. I've personally seen a true 7 footer in one with room to spare!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    As someone who drives 8 hours a day I can't stress getting a memory foam pad for your butt if you drive the 2014 or 2015. The way the seat is situated, it pinches a nerve under my right thigh, causing numbness or a burning sensation sometimes. I got a bambo memory foam pad and it stopped all of that. It did seat me higher up though so Im looking out the top half of my windshield. You get used to it though, I just pretend Im driving a tank lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    As someone who drives 8 hours a day I can't stress getting a memory foam pad for your butt if you drive the 2014 or 2015. The way the seat is situated, it pinches a nerve under my right thigh, causing numbness or a burning sensation sometimes. I got a bambo memory foam pad and it stopped all of that. It did seat me higher up though so Im looking out the top half of my windshield. You get used to it though, I just pretend Im driving a tank lol.
    Careful with the nerve pinching. Permanent sciatica isn't something you want to develop. I suffer from it and it was suggested my big azz wallet I always carried in my back pocket had a lot to do with it.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Careful with the nerve pinching. Permanent sciatica isn't something you want to develop. I suffer from it and it was suggested my big azz wallet I always carried in my back pocket had a lot to do with it.
    I ditched my wallet years ago for just this reason. If one side of your ass is sitting 1 1/2 inches higher than the other half of your ass, then your back ain't gonna be too happy about it.

Besides, why do I really need to carry around expired insurance cards from 2011 for a car I don't own anymore?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Not to forget the 25 or so Trillion $ Zimbabwean notes.

Hey, you never know when someone doesn't trust the US $ but still wants to do business.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The issue is thigh support on your right leg. Its not there and if your over 6ft tall the edge of the hard seat could pinch your nerve. The bamboo pad I bought helps immensely but it sucks having to adjust it at a red light. I have to put the car in neutral, pull the handbrake, and wiggle dance the pad back into position. Im sure the driver behind me thinks Im crazy.