Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your first Mitsubishi

I remember it like it was... last week! The Fancy Metro is my first Mitsu.

---

But I once had a summer job cleaning up used cars traded in at the local Chrysler dealer, and I nearly bought a late 70's Dodge Colt from them. Best feature: it had the cool dual range "twin stick" manual transmission.

Name:  dodge_colt_custom_hatchback.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  59.6 KB

^ I remember it was yellow, just like this one, and even had the same wheels.

Alas, I didn't get it. Don't remember why not. I was into fixing up VW Rabbits back then.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I remember it like it was... last week! The Fancy Metro is my first Mitsu.

---

But I once had a summer job cleaning up used cars traded in at the local Chrysler dealer, and I nearly bought a late 70's Dodge Colt from them. Best feature: it had the cool dual range "twin stick" manual transmission.

Name:  dodge_colt_custom_hatchback.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  59.6 KB

^ I remember it was yellow, just like this one, and even had the same wheels.

Alas, I didn't get it. Don't remember why not. I was into fixing up VW Rabbits back then.
    I like that design. Feel like Dodge stole from it when designing the Omni Charger 2.2

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I like that design. Feel like Dodge stole from it when designing the Omni Charger 2.2

For sure!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Mine was an '88 or '89 Sigma (or Galant Sigma). I found it for sale on the side of the road near my parents' house sometime in the mid-1990s. A guy I knew in high school had one, and the car always intrigued me. I believe it was a few hundred bucks because it had a bad torque converter. The car sold so poorly here it is hard to even find a decent pic of one on the internet!

This was Mitsubishi's first attempt at a luxury car here in the States. It would be succeeded by the Diamante, which sold much better. I remember it being very well-made, and was fascinated by how "space age" it seemed inside. Like the cockpit of a fighter jet!

I don't think I even fixed the torque converter before trading it in on something else. But hey, it was my first!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-26-2019),inuvik (11-26-2019)