Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts Transport :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Parts Transport
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Black
    5 speed manual

Oddly optioned vehicle

Details

Has the accessory fog lights. Adding the rear bumper protector.

•  

Stock DE grade seats. I need to get some ES or better seats for it at some point. Has both the OEM carpeted and all weather rubber mats and the rubber/plastic cargo tray for some reason. Also has the little center console storage cubby with the arm rest. Swapped in the leather steering wheel with audio controls and cruise control from a 17 SE. Enabled the cruise as well so now all that stuff on the wheel works!

Swapped in the 17-20 fancy radio with the touch screen and the Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Grabbed the radio adaptor harness from a 17 G4 so I could use the goofy stick on microphone instead of maximum suffering running the microphone wiring through the headliner and having to cut a hole for the microphone to mount.

Stock drivetrain with an apparently newish engine. Score!

Stock suspension but added a Daox rear sway bar thing. Huge difference!

•  

Has the ES grade alloy wheels for some reason? I don't know if it was an accessory option back for the 14-15 model years? Better than plastic crap wheel covers though so I'll take it.

•  
    Comments: 15 / Views: 285
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wasn't aware of seat differences between the DE and ES, other than being heated/6 way.

What's inferior about the DE seats?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,351 Posts
    One more Mirage in the Garage! What's this - your third?

Not sure about how it is equipped. We can always check your VIN against Mitsubishi's Monroney service to see how it was delivered to the dealer. I mean, who else but us forum members know how to modify these cars. Were the fog lights, mats and rims added by the dealer or the owner?

You'll have to tell us more about it, and where you got it.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-24-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    Welcome to MirageForum.com | Mitsubishi Is Not Dead Yet

Forum Rules | Forum FAQ | Basic BBCode

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Spicoli View Post
    Eggman is right

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.8 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.9 mpg (Imp)

Well, no Mirage in the US had heated seats until the 2017 GT models and then the LE in 18. But no height adjustment and a different cheaper looking fabric. I can take a picture later.

This is the third Mirage I've owned but the first one I gave back and got the Outlander Sport. So there's two Mirages here.

As for the upgrades it's had a handful of owners (three before me) so it's anybody's guess. I pulled up the window sticker and it didn't come with any extras at all.
    -Karl B. 2019 Mirage SE CVT and 2015 Mirage DE 5 speed. Plenty of other cars as well.

Oh yeah, I bought it at James Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Cedar Lake, Indiana. They're a sister store to South Suburban Mitsubishi in Chicago which is where this Mirage was bought at new, the 2nd time, and the 3rd time lol.
    -Karl B. 2019 Mirage SE CVT and 2015 Mirage DE 5 speed. Plenty of other cars as well.

So I added the car to the Mitsubishi owner's thing on their website and pulled up the service history...

Apparently earlier this year (in March) the car had the ECU reflashed and THEY REPLACED THE ENGINE. The car had 68,709 miles on it at that point. It has 72,000 on it now so the engine has a grand total of like 4000 miles on it. That's hilarious.

Here's the service bulletin I found about it. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...03105-0335.pdf

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Well, no Mirage in the US had heated seats until the 2017 GT models and then the LE in 18. But no height adjustment and a different cheaper looking fabric. I can take a picture later.

This is the third Mirage I've owned but the first one I gave back and got the Outlander Sport. So there's two Mirages here.

As for the upgrades it's had a handful of owners (three before me) so it's anybody's guess. I pulled up the window sticker and it didn't come with any extras at all.
    No heat till 2017. wow, we had it in 2014. but then all Mirages in the US had air from the get go. We still have them w/o air.

ETA: I read the bulletin and it doesn't specify any age or mileage disqualifications. Now, the letterhead doesn't say Mitsubishi Motors America, it says Mitsubishi Motors North America.

You know what I'm thinking. My 239,000kms 2014 hasn't been flashed for the fuel thing. If I take it in and they determine the motor is out of spec what are the chances I get a free motor?
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 11-25-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 936 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    So I added the car to the Mitsubishi owner's thing on their website and pulled up the service history...

Apparently earlier this year (in March) the car had the ECU reflashed and THEY REPLACED THE ENGINE. The car had 68,709 miles on it at that point. It has 72,000 on it now so the engine has a grand total of like 4000 miles on it. That's hilarious.

Here's the service bulletin I found about it. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...03105-0335.pdf
    Wow, that's a good score! Does it look like it's been replaced?

I just signed up too and found don't know exactly what they did mine. It says:
    RO Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2018
    Dealer: North Side Mitsubishi
    RO#: 41204
    Mileage: 30,908 KM
    11MIZZ99 RECALL
    04MIZZ999 ENGINE RECALL
    11MIZZ00 ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSE
    02MIZZRECALL RECALL
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Try swabbing with some petroleum jelly.
    Reasonably Priced Car
    Truck
    POS Nissan[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/pathfinder_armada/2004/whiteduall

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 37.0 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.4 mpg (Imp)

Yeah the motor looks pretty clean. It runs great so I'm not going to complain.

Did some other upgrades with some parts I had here as well. Found a set of 19 ES seats from a wrecked car with only 230 miles on it... But they're almost $400! It's halfway tempting but dammit that's a lot of money for seats.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 936 Posts
    Funny, the seats you have pictured in your garage entry are the exact same seats we have in all of our es plus models at work. We also have the bluetooth mic in the headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Try swabbing with some petroleum jelly.
    Reasonably Priced Car
    Truck
    POS Nissan[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/pathfinder_armada/2004/whiteduall

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 37.0 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.4 mpg (Imp)