Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best speakers for the original head unit with navi

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I think you have a smart head on your shoulders for attempting to just upgrade the speakers and keep the factory head unit. I wish i had done the same but instead I installed and amp + a Pioneer touch screen head unit and the upgraded the speakers all at the same time.

And it cost me over $600 and in reality I am not that happy with it. On my first attempt I went ULTRA CHEAP and bought those Boss branded speakers that are I think $19.99 for a set of 4. But I rode a 50cc scooter over to take them to the car stereo shop and they fell off the back of the scooter and got run over by other cars. Then I had to buy speakers from the car stereo shop and they charged me $75 for pioneer speakers that where $30 on Amazon.

I think those Polk branded ones on Amazon get the most reliable consistent reviews.
    Thank you for your answer, and sorry what happened to you

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maendu View Post
    Are you happy withe the pioneers?
    Yes, but sometimes I wish I spent a little more for a better quality speaker. My rationale at the time was to look for value-priced speakers that match a value-priced economy car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yes, but sometimes I wish I spent a little more for a better quality speaker. My rationale at the time was to look for value-priced speakers that match a value-priced economy car.
    I see, do you or anyone else know how much power output the screen/Navi thing have? I learned already that it has 4 ohm. But the power output I couldn't find...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have decided on these speakers for both my Mirages. They are Kenwood which is a good brand, not great anymore but good.
    https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Kenwood...RD4780NQKDTL6F

That is Walmart Canada so IDK what the status for Walmart US would be.

I like these speakers for their price, a better than average frequency response and all of the pre-punched mounting holes. And $35/pair seems like a really good deal.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maendu View Post
    I see, do you or anyone else know how much power output the screen/Navi thing have? I learned already that it has 4 ohm. But the power output I couldn't find...
    Good question - I have the basic radio/CD player for 2015 so I don't know much about those fancy navigation ones.

Any chance it's noted in your owner's manual?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I def recommend you to get 6.5 inch speakers. You will have to cut the metal hole a little bit bigger but it is def worth it. You can use tin-snips or a dremmel tool. In my case I used a Sawzall (reciprocating saw)

And then use laminate sticky tiles cut in hlaf diagonally and stick them to the inside of the metal door (will act same as sound-deadening material and prevent the "tin-metal echo"

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Dec...8756/301363144

It looks like that but at your local home depot you will find some that are only 59 cents apiece. Buy the cheapest ones you find there. These are the tiles they use in the kitchen or bathroom that have an adhesive on the back that you just peel and stick.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No! Don't cut up your car for speakers. There are adapters available that eliminate the need for the tin snips.

Apologies to fc321 and all other hackers.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The Fosgate kit is really attractive to me. As we all know, it's expensive. I don't plan on cutting my cars, Crutchfield sells adapters for $12 or so for a pair. I gather everything in terms of installing things is pretty much Lego time with the adapters.

I just hope the used market doesn't suddenly have Mirage Fosgate kits by the dozen, that will make me regret trying to do it piecemeal.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is there a power difference between the navi head unit and non-navi head unit?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Is there a power difference between the navi head unit and non-navi head unit?
    That's a good question. I think Mitsubishi advertised the standard radio at 160 watts but can't remember what the other radios are rated.