Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Remove/Replace the Interior Filter / Pollen Filter

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    You're welcomed lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any details, such as size or part numbers for replacement filters?
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDE5Spd View Post
    Any details, such as size or part numbers for replacement filters?
    I too was wondering the same thing.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...-line-products

If you follow the link, you can see the section on cabin air filters.

It says to just contact the nearest Mitsubishi dealer to you to ask about it. Would be sweet if the link just had a 'add to shopping cart' option and just ship it out to you.

You would think it would show how to change out the cabin air filter in the user's manual. Nope! Not there! Man, the user's manual for my old 2000 Mazda Protege is like a technical manual for the Enterprise compared to the 2014 Mirage's. It at least showed how to access basic stuff which I believe the cabin filter should fall under.

Rant over :-)

-Charlie-

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    It says to just contact the nearest Mitsubishi dealer to you to ask about it. Would be sweet if the link just had a 'add to shopping cart' option and just ship it out to you.

You would think it would show how to change out the cabin air filter in the user's manual. Nope! Not there! Man, the user's manual for my old 2000 Mazda Protege is like a technical manual for the Enterprise compared to the 2014 Mirage's. It at least showed how to access basic stuff which I believe the cabin filter should fall under.

Rant over :-)
    They probable left it out because they want to charge you some big bucks to to do it!

Over here it is like 40,- euro. The filter itself probable costs 50 cents to produce!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zefke View Post
    They probable left it out because they want to charge you some big bucks to to do it!

Over here it is like 40,- euro. The filter itself probable costs 50 cents to produce!
    Yea, no joke! I had something done one time to my car at Pep Boys. The part itself was like $40 but the labor cost was around $120! I have much respect for mechanics and the hard work they do, but for the job that I had done which took less than an hour..seems a tad..disproportionate shall we say.

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll be at the dealership tomorrow afternoon for a bit, I'll check and get p/n for as much as they'll tell me. I wouldn't mind doing some of this myself, and my dealer is over an hour away and it'll likely be heavy heavy traffic on the way home; yay for the manual :/ .
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDE5Spd View Post
    I'll be at the dealership tomorrow afternoon for a bit, I'll check and get p/n for as much as they'll tell me. I wouldn't mind doing some of this myself, and my dealer is over an hour away and it'll likely be heavy heavy traffic on the way home; yay for the manual :/ .
    Thanks man! Hope they don't charge an arm and a leg for it. I was wondering if maybe my car didn't even have a cabin air filter, b/c in the maintainence book, it says to change it 'if so equipped' (not sure if those are the exact words, but something along the lines that implies not all Mirages will have the cabin air filter).

-Charlie-

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thanks man! Hope they don't charge an arm and a leg for it. I was wondering if maybe my car didn't even have a cabin air filter, b/c in the maintainence book, it says to change it 'if so equipped' (not sure if those are the exact words, but something along the lines that implies not all Mirages will have the cabin air filter).
    They probable left it out in the basic models, but I think these models will have the same air unit, so you can just stick one in there if you want to. It not only keeps your lungs a little cleaner, but also the windscreen from the inside

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry Charlie! And anyone else I let down, as I forgot to ask about part numbers.......I got caught up discussing what I can change without voiding my warranty.
    -Billy

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Engine Air Filter MSRP US$31.47 - 1500A399
    Cabin Air Filter MSRP US$26.44 - 7850A002

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cookiemonster For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-25-2014),RedDE5Spd (06-04-2014)