Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Remove/Replace the Interior Filter / Pollen Filter

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDE5Spd View Post
    Sorry Charlie! And anyone else I let down, as I forgot to ask about part numbers.......I got caught up discussing what I can change without voiding my warranty.
    No worries! You don't think putting in a fly screen in the interior of the front fascia would void the warranty do you?

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Engine Air Filter MSRP US$31.47 - 1500A399
    Cabin Air Filter MSRP US$26.44 - 7850A002
    Oh sweet! We still got the pricing after all. You contacted the dealership cookiemonster?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No, I doubt a fly screen would void the warranty.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Only warranty related issue I could imagine is if there was engine overheating and they claimed that the bug screen caused decreased airflow to the cooling system. Might happen if the bug screen became clogged.

Overheating could cause damage to the cooling system, the engine, and the transmission (I'm guessing the CVT uses some sort of a trans fluid cooler in or near the radiator).

In reality, bugs clogging a screen would likely cause the same issue on the radiator, but who knows what someone else will claim when money is involved.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    No worries! You don't think putting in a fly screen in the interior of the front fascia would void the warranty do you?-Charlie-
    They could argue that the interior filter needs to be replaced by the Mitsubishi dealer in order to make sure the Airco system is kept clean... You could loose your warranty on the A/C system maybe???

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    UPDATE:

First and foremost, thanks again Zefke for the awesome guide!! Honestly, before I stumbled across your guide for getting at the cabin air filter, I had scoured the entire engine bay looking for any potential hiding places for it.

Anyways, nice update for us basic DE trim owners! Just now after finishing washing my micro-machine, I finally got around to implementing Zefke's awesome guide to verify whether or not I had a cabin air filter or not.

Honestly, I was expecting there to be NO cabin air filter present. !! Much to my pleasant surprise, there actually is!!! So that means, we all get one, even us barebones DE trim owners!

Advice: If you have NOT checked your cabin air filter, check it at your first convenience. I have only owned my car for a little bit over one month, and my cabin air filter had TONS of debris in it!! So glad I cleaned that crud out. A lot of this mossy, seedy vegetation that must have populated the area of where the dealership was. Lesson learned, even if you have owned it for a little amount of time like I have, you don't know how long the car was sitting there and the possible air contaminants that it may have been around.

I came across one company that makes after market cabin air filters. Can't wait till they make one designed for our vehicles b/c honestly, I was quite underwhelmed at the 'filter' I found stock. Took it out myself and inspected it..thing couldn't have cost more than 5 bucks to manufacture. For the $20+ bucks it'll probably cost to get another one of these pieces of paper, I would rather just spend a few bucks more and get something more 'substantial' shall we say..

On my first oil change, now I'm going to make it a point to check the air filter for the engine (if the cabin one was any indication!).

-Charlie-

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I came across one company that makes after market cabin air filters. Can't wait till they make one designed for our vehicles b/c honestly, I was quite underwhelmed at the 'filter' I found stock. Took it out myself and inspected it..thing couldn't have cost more than 5 bucks to manufacture. For the $20+ bucks it'll probably cost to get another one of these pieces of paper, I would rather just spend a few bucks more and get something more 'substantial' shall we say..
    If you have P/N's and Brand that would be interesting, I didn't find any yet over here in Europe...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The company is actually..Fram! That's right, the same one's that make the oil filters in the orange boxes for the VERY economical minded! I myself have never even considered putting on a Fram oil filter on my own car, but I am SURE their cabin air filter line has to be light years ahead of the piece of paper on plastic frame that comes stock in our cars!

I checked out the website for the air cabin line..nothing for the 2014 mitsubishi mirage.. :-( YET anyway!

-Charlie-

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I know, it's the same over here... I think that by now the first filters need to be replaced!!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Do you know if this filter is replaced by the dealer as part of standard maintenance? If so, you should be aware that you tell him to leave it.