Thread: Batteries available in CANADA

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Batteries available in CANADA

My '14 battery is pooched. I've used a battery tester on it and a load tester. Both say it went to heaven.

Other than CTC or Walmart what places sell a battery I can trust and that won't break the bank?

Thanks

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Costco. They sell quality Interstate batteries at about half what you'd pay elsewhere. That would be my number one choice. If you don't have a membership, the savings alone would help pay for their silly membership fee, or you could work with someone you know with a membership to help you out.

Costco Item Number 8850242

See also: Battery Size and Replacement
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-25-2019 at 05:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Costco. They sell quality Interstate batteries at about half what you'd pay elsewhere. That would be my number one choice. If you don't have a membership, the savings alone would help pay for their silly membership fee, or you could work with someone you know with a membership to help you out.

That's an amazing battery chart!! Thanks. Now I have a reason to buy something at Costco. I have a member ship but generally only buy 2-3 big things over the year. Still, with the battery purchase it might the best return of all.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    That's an amazing battery chart!! Thanks. Now I have a reason to buy something at Costco. I have a member ship but generally only buy 2-3 big things over the year. Still, with the battery purchase it might the best return of all.
    Hey Wallythacker I added some details to my previous post. Hopefully your local store has that item number on hand - call first?

You'll have to tell us how it goes for you. Someone else around here used the Costco Interstate Group 35, but I can't remember if they needed the longer j-hooks or not. Wouldn't hurt to have a pair at the ready and simply return them if you don't need 'em.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I'm not an ac delco battery fan. The few that I bought don't seem to last and most new ones I used didn't even meet the specs on the label according to my tester. I have had good luck with this brand https://www.cdnrg.com/ so far everyone I've tested from new met or had more cca than the label showed. I can't remember the part numbers, there were 2 to chose from that don't show up on the online catalog and fit perfect.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-25-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm not an ac delco battery fan. The few that I bought don't seem to last and most new ones I used didn't even meet the specs on the label according to my tester. I have had good luck with this brand https://www.cdnrg.com/ so far everyone I've tested from new met or had more cca than the label showed. I can't remember the part numbers, there were 2 to chose from that don't show up on the online catalog and fit perfect.
    There's an outlet on the way to Costco that sells the batteries but I couldn't find a price online. can you recall the cost?

Edit

Eggman, ya, it's a group 35 and they range from short to long warranty.

Sorry, no idea. I don't see the price for parts I use on the work cars. I don't even pay much attention to how much parts I buy are, just pay my bill at the end of the month.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Costco Item Number 8850242

It looks like our national parts firm, Canadian Tire has the best deal, a group 35, 3yr. warranty, $125.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    It looks like our national parts firm, Canadian Tire has the best deal, a group 35, 3yr. warranty, $125.
    Did you get one?

I just saw the post about battery tie downs. Isn't that what battery cables are for?

Mirage videos: