Thread: Turbo Kits?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Turbo Kits?

Hi I have a 17 Mirage with CVT auto . It’s very sluggish I know it’s not a race car but still it struggles to stay at 70mph on the highway. I would like to install a turbo on the 1.2 but i don’t know much about the engine block strength or anything , im not looking to get 1000 hp out of it, heck if close to 100hp would be crazy . If anyone has done this or know anyone please share and thanks in advance. Also how do you attach photos to this forum?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There's two issues you'll have with

1. There's some kits South East Asia. Speedlab had a supercharger kit but they don't make that stuff anymore. You'd have to track down a turbo kit in SEA websites and ask if they'll ship. Shipping will cost a lot of money.

2. Dyno: you can't really dyno with the type of CVT the mirage has. The Honda Civic and Subaru Impreza have different type of CVT that simulates gear ratios.

The smartest thing you can do is get a Aisin AMR500 supercharger at 5-8 psi and ask someone to make custom parts. This is probably the cheapest way too. If I wasn't saving for a house I would have already done this.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Technically the CVT7 is rated up to 150hp IIRC from some Jatco specs I ran across a long time ago. I'm not sure if I would want to push it to that level without a big upgrade in the cooling capability. This is probably the reason the Nissans have external coolers on their CVT's and not just the stack type cooler on the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylerholifield View Post
    Also how do you attach photos to this forum?
    In the Reply dialog box, look for an icon that looks like a picture. It is labeled 'Insert Image'. Click on that and follow the directions.

Photos usually appear sideways - it's how the vBulletin software handles / orients photos. Try using Landscape mode when taking your photos and see if that works. I have had success by rotating my phone 90° counterclockwise. That has resulted in photos consistently appearing right-side up.

I have posted some Help topic links in my signature. You can find more info there regarding using this vBulletin forum software.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)