Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles, what do you guys ride?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Kids gotta learn some how!!!!!!
    Here son take this fork and go play over by the power outlets !!!!!!
    See that's why you don't do that..
    now here's how to bandage an electrical burn while resetting breakers!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am bike-less at the moment but am getting ready to go look at a 1200 Sportster to do a Scrambler build on. And always looking for good deals on fat tire dirt bikes like BW & TW Yamahas, and Honda FatCats.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just sold my 2003 HD sportster, had a 1999 GSXR 600, 250 Kawi, Looking to get a dual sport/enduro and enjoy 100mpg lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Suzuki GS500E. Fun & lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Had a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500 I bought after I got divorced ( first wife wouldn't allow riding). Rode it everywhere, got it up to 110 mph once, just to do it.
    I can relate. Got mine up to 115, and it felt great. Sold it out of fear I was going to kill myself riding it. Besides, I have other deathtraps.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I will say I use awareness techniques I learned in Honda riders course every day when I drive the Mirage.
    SIPDE!! Second-nature at this point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Love the sportys. 2004 they started rubber mounting them.. made them much nicer for riding.
    Basic, I have always wanted a pre 2001 tw... I just have never picked one up because of the dr125se
    I actually bored it out to 143cc with a 11:1 piston, supertrap exhaust and had to drill the jets as couldn't find the ones I needed.
    A tw200 would ride the same just with wider tires.. but I still look at them a lot.. sure that eventually I will get one.
    Figured that the 125 will be my sons first road bike. When he's of age.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Aron For This Useful Post:

Basic (11-27-2019)

I just remembered I had another bike about 10 years ago. It was just like this one but yellow https://www.kijiji.ca/v-scooters-poc...5587?undefined. Don't judge me.
    I had it in the back of my truck that had a tonneau cover, and I forgot to close the tailgate. When I made a left turn and floored it onto a freeway it flew out the back. I didn't see it happen but remembered about my tailgate and looked back and it was on the road blocks behind me. I had to drive a few blocks to loop back around and by the time I got close to where it fell out traffic was stopped and it looked like it got ran over. I did the responsible thing and took a different way home then drove something else for a few weeks.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (11-27-2019),MetroMPG (05-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was wondering what I would get listed for bike but was not expecting only 3 current riders?
    lol I keep a fleet of bikes and a fleet of kayaks..
    I was actually expecting a list of scooters and small displacement bikes and a couple large displacement bikes
    My dr125se will get 78 mpg even when ridden really really hard..usually over 80 mpg
    I have never tried to see how high I can get that number because it's too fun riding it hard and still getting good numbers.
    I'm excited to see what I can get for numbers with the Gw250 in the spring.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I’m bikeless at the moment but my last ride was a Suzuki DR200. Great little commuter, super light and ludicrous fuel economy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I currently own a 1981 Honda CM400E. It gets a few hundred miles a summer. Not a huge rider.

I also own a 1965 Honda S65 that my dad bought when he was ~15. It has sat in a shed for a looong time. We had it running at one point, and now its in my garage. I need to get a title for it so I can get it on the road. It currently isn't running.

This isn't mine, but its the same model:

link to image
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-21-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I currently own a 1981 Honda CM400E. It gets a few hundred miles a summer. Not a huge rider.

I also own a 1965 Honda S65 that my dad bought when he was ~15. It has sat in a shed for a looong time. We had it running at one point, and now its in my garage. I need to get a title for it so I can get it on the road. It currently isn't running.

This isn't mine, but its the same model:

link to image
    Dude....dude, you've got to be kidding me.

That's my first motorcycle. I was a bit younger than you, I got mine at late 12, early 13 maybe.

Helmet? We dun need no steenkin helmet!!! Oh, I had such an over the handlebars experience on that bike. My head buzzed for days. I bet the brain damage persists to this day. LOL

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-21-2020)