Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Boss audio BV765B Radio Causing Errors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmcki View Post
    Nothing is wrong with the radio, it's actually not bad, but adding an amp and sub are a pain. I may just go in that direction, and be done with it. A line output converter is fairly inexpensive(about $25) they're just a pain to try to wire up.
    Have you heard about the kit Rockford Fosgate has for the Mirage? It's tuned for the Mirage and comes with all the harnesses & hardware needed for installation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Bmcki (11-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't but i'll have to check it out. Is it through Mitsu or Rockford Fosgate? Just trying to figure out where to look.

Thanks again!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 44.6 mpg (US) ... 19.0 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't but i'll have to check it out. Is it through Mitsu or Rockford Fosgate? Just trying to figure out where to look.

Thanks again!
    It's sold through Mitsubishi. I put one in and wrote about it in my Garage entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I ordered a Rockford Fosgate amp today. Looking around I noticed several online vendors listed the kit as discontinued. I wanted to get one before they went away.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have a 2018 Mirage G4 automatic that I am attempting to upgrade to an aftermarket radio, amp and sub. The radio I want to install is a Boss audio BV765B. When I installed everything, the system works fine, only issue is that the cars service engine soon light comes on and the car won't go into gear. I checked the code that came up, saying it was a transmission sensor error. I did not connect the backup camera or the parking brake wire to enable the DVD/media. I'm thinking that it has to do with the backup camera not being connected. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm going to test a couple of things. I reinstalled the factory radio, and the issue went away. I'm going to try unplugging the BU camera input to the radio and see if the issue returns, if so, then it will need a canbus interface to communicate with the car.
    Hey Bmcki how's your Mirage doing? Any updates?
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-27-2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Moved these posts from the 'I'm a car audio guy, ask me anything' thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Bmcki (11-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Doing well. I decided to leave in the factory radio as it isn't really all that bad. To upgrade the radio to an aftermarket unit, you have to also install an interface so it can talk with the car(Idatalink Maestro or PAC Audio). I installed a line output convertor(PAC LP7-2) with a 2 channel amp and subwoofer for now, which has made a HUGE difference in sound quality. In the spring I plan on upgrading the line output convertor to an AudioControl LC7I and add a 4 channel amp to power the door speakers. I've been meaning to update my profile with pictures of the car, but it's been snowing here, so I haven't had much chance. Will do it soon though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 44.6 mpg (US) ... 19.0 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmcki For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Doing well. I decided to leave in the factory radio as it isn't really all that bad. To upgrade the radio to an aftermarket unit, you have to also install an interface so it can talk with the car(Idatalink Maestro or PAC Audio). I installed a line output convertor(PAC LP7-2) with a 2 channel amp and subwoofer for now, which has made a HUGE difference in sound quality. In the spring I plan on upgrading the line output convertor to an AudioControl LC7I and add a 4 channel amp to power the door speakers. I've been meaning to update my profile with pictures of the car, but it's been snowing here, so I haven't had much chance. Will do it soon though.
    Yes, please keep us updated as it appears you are using gear that hasn't yet been reported here.

Looking forward to updates.