Thread: Mitsubishi Technical Service Bulletins

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts

Mitsubishi Technical Service Bulletins

Hello and welcome to our new sub-forum, TSBs.

This was inspired by a post by forum member Dodge Aries K:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    So I added the car to the Mitsubishi owner's thing on their website and pulled up the service history...

Apparently earlier this year (in March) the car had the ECU reflashed and THEY REPLACED THE ENGINE. The car had 68,709 miles on it at that point. It has 72,000 on it now so the engine has a grand total of like 4000 miles on it. That's hilarious.

Here's the service bulletin I found about it. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...03105-0335.pdf
    Browsing the rest of the site I found numerous TSBs for my 2015 and knew right away that this would be a great resource. Darin (MetroMPG) added the sub-forum and we're off and running.

I'll post threads about the various TSBs that I can find and include documentation in the first post. It will be useful in diagnosing and deciding whether to take the job ourselves as owners or take it in for service.

Though this is a service of the US government, it can be helpful to owners worldwide and if I understand correctly, can be accessed outside the US.

My thoughts at this point is start a thread for each category and include details of which model years are affected. There's info in these TSBs that describe problems that we have already discussed here on the forum and a few new things. It will generate lots of attention, I'm sure.

Looking forward to everyone's input.

Last edited by Eggman; 11-28-2019 at 10:03 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

craigq (11-28-2019),detroit (05-22-2023),Top_Fuel (11-28-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hurray I helped without even knowing it haha. Good idea to gather all the tsbs though.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Seeing all these 2014 tsb's is making me really happy I got an early 14'.(NOT) Attachment 16160
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-28-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Handy would be an index post that lists all of the TSB's and what years they apply to without having to read through each thread that might not apply to your car.
    Simplify and add lightness.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-29-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Seeing all these 2014 tsb's is making me really happy I got an early 14'.(NOT) Attachment 16160
    Hold up TSBs are different from recalls right?

Right
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Handy would be an index post that lists all of the TSB's and what years they apply to without having to read through each thread that might not apply to your car.
    Loren, that's pretty much what I have in mind for this. First, get these TSBs here on the forum. The way the NHTSA site has them, I find it difficult to sort through and sometimes I think they got it wrong (mis-categorized.) Once they're all in one place here, I'll work on getting a sticky together that should make it easy to figure out.

It's been a lot of work - more than I initially thought. But once they are sorted and cataloged it should be easier to trace problems to the appropriate TSB (if applicable.) And having a thread for each TSB allows for discussion directly related to the problem.

Keep the ideas coming.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-29-2019 at 10:56 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Loren (11-29-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    what's with all the post X reserved?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    what's with all the post X reserved?
    Glad you asked!

1. I'm finding the TSBs are Mitsubishi's response to a problem that could be considered safety related (I'm going to guess that there are other problems not safety related that don't make it to the NHTSA.) In tracking service department's reports? Not sure how else corporate gets the info. Some problems are handled easily with one TSB - like adding some missing DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes.) Other problems seem to be a learning process with multiple TSBs issued.

I'm trying to group all related TSBs into a single thread. Some threads are getting pretty long. In making it easier for future research, I wound up deciding to reserve the first ten posts in the threads so they may be used for any future TSB (Technical Service Bulletin), TIN (Technical Information Notice), Letters to Owners, or any other communication from Mitsubishi. Discussion will simply follow on subsequent posts, as any other thread.

2. The forum software doesn't allow multiple posts with the same text within five minutes, so I resorted to numbering the posts.

With that, I'm going to move these two posts to the TSB introductory thread.
    Last edited by Eggman; 12-01-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    ahaha didint noticed this technical bulletin. Just now when i was scrollin hehe thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)