Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TSB: Jatco CVT-7 | F1CJB | JF015E Continuously Variable Transmission

I’ve experienced that shift shock when going to a stop on almost every mirage. I wonder if I take mine in if they’d update the software for free or an hr diagnostics and kick it out the door saying it’s normal. I might have to drive across town for this one. Or come up with a handful of tsb’s before going in?

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I’ve experienced that shift shock when going to a stop on almost every mirage. I wonder if I take mine in if they’d update the software for free or an hr diagnostics and kick it out the door saying it’s normal. I might have to drive across town for this one. Or come up with a handful of tsb’s before going in?
    Definitely bring the TSB. I don't know how TSBs are handled in Canada (should it be different??) much less your favorite service department.

No wonder they don't like to see you.

This has been discussed many, many times here on the forum - usually called a 'lurch'. Now we know what terminology Mitsubishi uses. It can be used as a keyword when talking with service managers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-30-2019),MetroMPG (12-06-2019),timw4mail (11-30-2019)

I’ve never brought a car in for that “issue before” I told all the drivers it’s normal and they do that from new.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I’ve never brought a car in for that “issue before” I told all the drivers it’s normal and they do that from new.
    It is startling when you come to a full stop, and the car wants to go forward at almost the same time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Could there be a potential software update recall like they did for the Outlander sport a few years back? Something like 80k units were recalled.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Could there be a potential software update recall like they did for the Outlander sport a few years back? Something like 80k units were recalled.
    From the looks of things, it's not a mandatory recall, but if brought in the service department will know what to do.

Now I can't tell if they'll charge for this outside of warranty...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ever since I got my '17 it's always had a fairly stiff engagement when taking off, usually if you get completely off the brake before the clutch engages (feels like if you quickly drop the clutch at idle in a manual but not as violent). It also will sometimes "buck" or engage and disengage the clutch when sitting still and barely holding the brake, which I think is the idle neutral logic trying to guess I'm getting ready to take off from a stop (because of how light I'm holding the brake). I hope this TSB does the trick!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Uggh...

So I decided to ring up my local Dealer Service Department about this TSB as the new to me CVT in my recently acquired el cheapo beater "hangs up" when coming to a stop. I can put it in neutral and feel the car relax, and if I wait long enough the CVT will eventually do it itself, but I hate the feeling of it.

The service manager was very polite and said he knew exactly which TSB I was referring to when I explained it all to him, and he took my VIN and said that it would be best to just bring it in so "they could see what it was doing" and then go from there. I said, well I had considered having the CVT Fluid Change done anyway, so could you price that service to me. And he went into a full vocal vomit of how they don't recommend changing the CVT Fluid and how its a lifetime fill and blah blah blah. Call went from good to bad in seconds.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-05-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Uggh...

So I decided to ring up my local Dealer Service Department about this TSB as the new to me CVT in my recently acquired el cheapo beater "hangs up" when coming to a stop. I can put it in neutral and feel the car relax, and if I wait long enough the CVT will eventually do it itself, but I hate the feeling of it.

The service manager was very polite and said he knew exactly which TSB I was referring to when I explained it all to him, and he took my VIN and said that it would be best to just bring it in so "they could see what it was doing" and then go from there. I said, well I had considered having the CVT Fluid Change done anyway, so could you price that service to me. And he went into a full vocal vomit of how they don't recommend changing the CVT Fluid and how its a lifetime fill and blah blah blah. Call went from good to bad in seconds.
    Say what? My dealership calls me when its past the 30k mile mark! Its in the owners manual for Christ sake. Is he new?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Uggh...

Call went from good to bad in seconds.
    Still, I get the impression he is open to discussion.

I say, don't give up yet. I'm definitely interested in how this turns out for you.