Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TSB: Jatco CVT-7 | F1CJB | JF015E Continuously Variable Transmission

Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    actually you need to reset the oil degredation and learning values if you change the cvt fluids, but since its equipped with INVECS the ECU will relearn it anyway.
    I don't know where you get your info from but some of it of it seems a little off.
    By chance do you work for a Mitsubishi dealer or??

Last edited by Fummins; 03-03-2021 at 01:52 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-03-2021),mohammad (07-07-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I usually get the deer in the headlights look from the parts department and the service desk.
    Mine sort of claimed they don't usually interact with the filters and didn't even really know where they were until an actual service technician stepped in from the workshop and then said they only cycle the fluid every 90k km, they didn't even have filters in their storeroom and said I'd have to get them from Thailand and sort of implied they weren't even prepared to order them, I've had to order them through a third party with an estimated two month wait. I'm not sure what they're thinking. I did get the genuine fluid off them, was very expensive but if I can't get all the oil out I don't want to be mixing it despite people claiming it's ok to use a compatible oil, might be a unfounded fear but I don't know.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    Mine sort of claimed they don't usually interact with the filters and didn't even really know where they were until an actual service technician stepped in from the workshop and then said they only cycle the fluid every 90k km, they didn't even have filters in their storeroom and said I'd have to get them from Thailand and sort of implied they weren't even prepared to order them, I've had to order them through a third party with an estimated two month wait. I'm not sure what they're thinking. I did get the genuine fluid off them, was very expensive but if I can't get all the oil out I don't want to be mixing it despite people claiming it's ok to use a compatible oil, might be a unfounded fear but I don't know.
    We live in a disposal world. You don't take a broken toaster to a repair man when you can buy a new one @ Walmart for $9.88 (with 2-day free delivery).

TV repair men - do they even exist any more?

I don't think Mitsubishi is concerned about anyone getting 200,000-300,000 miles out of their Mirages. Their maintenance schedules even reflect that somewhat. As long as that transmission gets you past warranty, what do they care?

If the filters are never going to be changed or cleaned, I would rather have that item designed without them. That's goes for anything that requires a filter. It's like taking a shower & putting dirty underwear on afterwards. What's the point?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

skyblue (05-26-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I don't have a warranty so I've got to look out for my own ass.