Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Attachment 16171

Mr. Sprinkles, if I put it in "B" I can barely make it up the hill in my complex with him in the backseat.

I get asked almost daily wtf I bought one by people at work, some of whom drive one all day long. Then I tell them I paid less than half the price of a new one, it's still got warranty for another 5 years(I doubt I'll ever use use it), it has heated seats(they're nice to have,don't knock it til you try it), it's cheap on gas, maintenance,tires,etc....What if you crash? Well.......My advice: Don't crash. Pretend like everyone else on the road is completely retarded, drunk, blind and deaf and you'll be fine. And don't be any of those things yourself helps too usually.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-29-2019),Dirk Diggler (11-29-2019),dspace9 (11-29-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I get asked almost daily wtf I bought one by people at work, some of whom drive one all day long. Then I tell them I paid less than half the price of a new one, it's still got warranty for another 5 years(I doubt I'll ever use use it), it has heated seats(they're nice to have,don't knock it til you try it), it's cheap on gas, maintenance,tires,etc....What if you crash? Well.......My advice: Don't crash. Pretend like everyone else on the road is completely retarded, drunk, blind and deaf and you'll be fine. And don't be any of those things yourself helps too usually.
    Couldnt agree more. Im seeing more and more Uber drivers using them too! I wonder how many are driving without expensive commercial insurance as well?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I was just on reddit and 4chan auto and they're talking about this forum with a mixture of awe and disdain lol. They cant believe the Mirage gets such an awsome forum and the Fit, Yaris, Spark can't compare lol. I truly think the Mirage is going to take off in sales even more than it has because of this. If you can get the hackers, boss level trolls, social media influencers, online comedians, on your side in regards to the Mirage, thats a big win for us.

Youtube is a perfect example. 4 years ago all you read was Mitsubishi is a failure, the CVT is terrible, build quality is terrible, your loser if you drive this car etc. etc. etc. Now it seems the tide is turning with young people and their priorities. Now its "I buy this used for $4k?!?", or "Cheap insurance on these cars?!?" For me its all about getting the same level of cheap aftermarket parts that say a Yaris has, and to do that Mitsubishi needs to sale 50k units a year or more. It's totally doable with the right arguments on social media platforms. My proudest moment was when I had a guy say he was buying a Mirage after reading some of my counter points against naysayers. Make feel gooooood! All warm n fuzzy, like an obese cat just laying on me while I watch South Park.
    That's all cool, and honestly I totally get wanting to correct someone's misconceptions about this car. But if someone just wants to bash this little car, I see no need to get in a shouting match over it. I mean, it's just a car. I'm confident enough with my decision to buy one.

This really resonates with me:
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hello!

When Mitsubishi began rolling out the new, three-cylinder Mirage around the world, Tim (Daox) and I (Darin) decided we'd start a forum dedicated to this fuel-sipping car. Why? Because we're a couple of gearheads who also happen to really like fuel-efficient vehicles, and thought this brand new eco car deserved a brand new forum.
    Dirk, I think you recently pointed out that this car tends to draw a certain crowd, and I couldn't agree more. Folks from all walks of life from around the world chime in.

Like so many others I was not afraid of a small car and value them for what they are. There's not a lot of Mirages out there on the road. I wanted to learn more about it from owners and wound up here. And there's nothing like this little car - it's unique for what it is. Loads of features, cheap to buy, cheap to operate. Reliable? - turns out yes. And lots of testimony here saying so.

But it's not for everyone, is it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's all cool, and honestly I totally get wanting to correct someone's misconceptions about this car. But if someone just wants to bash this little car, I see no need to get in a shouting match over it. I mean, it's just a car. I'm confident enough with my decision to buy one.

This really resonates with me:

Dirk, I think you recently pointed out that this car tends to draw a certain crowd, and I couldn't agree more. Folks from all walks of life from around the world chime in.

Like so many others I was not afraid of a small car and value them for what they are. There's not a lot of Mirages out there on the road. I wanted to learn more about it from owners and wound up here. And there's nothing like this little car - it's unique for what it is. Loads of features, cheap to buy, cheap to operate. Reliable? - turns out yes. And lots of testimony here saying so.

But it's not for everyone, is it?
    If your looking for a subcompact and nothing more than this car is for everyone. Thats the battle I fight. Folks read posts on youtube, facebook, etc. it just like advertising. So if someone reads me going at it with a Toyota snob about the benefits of a Mirage and decides to get one, Ill count that as a victory. Its more than just about the Mirage. Its about building up enough of a presence/hype to get manufacturers back to making cheap, reliable, low tech cars for the NA market. If enough folks cry afoul of this trend of abandoning subcompacts, this could happen. Its no secret folks are getting poorer in this country, especially millenials. So having a Suzuki Swift here, or GM reintroducing the GEO Metro, or the Volkswagen Up, or the Nissan Micra, etc. We need these cars, not more SUVs with terrible interest rates. Hell, starting a nationwide program to teach young people how to drive manual would be fantastic and easy enough with a video game that includes the clutch, brake pedals, throttle, steering wheel, shifter.....sky's the limit!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Don't you get tired of all the trolling?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Don't you get tired of all the trolling?
    Not at all, its a challenge taking on naysayers, one in which I relish. Please check out my posts on youtube.

https://youtu.be/5aCsNs3eYTE

You can see my Green mirage avatar

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Do the other mechs there not have as much respect for the Mirage as you?

Yes they bow to me.

Just kidding I'm thee only mechanic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yes they bow to me.

Just kidding I'm thee only mechanic.
    I think you misunderstood. You said your coworkers asked why you got a Mirage? I assume your coworkers are mechs too? Do they not share your opinion about the value of the Mirage?