Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Im baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The other people are probably just delivery drivers. Fummins fixes the broken stuff that the drivers abuse the piss out of.

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 12-01-2019 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Autocorrect got me
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

But it's not for everyone, is it?
    I dunno. If our world really is in a climate emergency like so many decent scientists are proclaiming, then......

There's no reason at all for any larger, more resource intensive automobiles to tote around a family of 4.

If we really do have just a few years to correct our resouce use then legislation is coming that will ban anything bigger than the Mirage. Our little cars might be seen as the intelligent choice if you care about extending life on earth.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I dunno. If our world really is in a climate emergency like so many decent scientists are proclaiming, then......

There's no reason at all for any larger, more resource intensive automobiles to tote around a family of 4.

If we really do have just a few years to correct our resouce use then legislation is coming that will ban anything bigger than the Mirage. Our little cars might be seen as the intelligent choice if you care about extending life on earth.
    Life will go on on Earth, just without us. Which is truly a good thing if you think about it lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Life will go on on Earth, just without us. Which is truly a good thing if you think about it lol.
    Hollywood has covered this territory well. 12 Monkeys, Waterworld, Children of Men, Planet of the Apes.

Like Kent Brockman says on the Simpsons, I for one welcome our insect overlords.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (12-02-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yep, and it really is our collective choice if we want to continue on, or not.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I was just on reddit and 4chan auto and they're talking about this forum with a mixture of awe and disdain lol. They cant believe the Mirage gets such an awsome forum and the Fit, Yaris, Spark can't compare lol

OK, link?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)