Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to Yonge North Mitsubishi (Toronto/Richmond Hill): Thanks Grace!

Shout-out to Yonge North Mitsubishi (Toronto/Richmond Hill): Thanks Grace!

Name:  yonge-north-mits-dealer-outside.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  59.5 KB

I'm posting this message of thanks to the helpful folks -- especially the service advisor -- at Yonge North Mitsubishi in Richmond Hill, Ontario.

I picked up my used Mirage from the Toyota dealer next door where it had recently been traded in. On a whim, I dropped in to the Mitsubishi service department just to see if it's possible to get a print-out of the car's service history from any Mitsu dealer (I assumed they'd be networked and I could do it closer to home).

Lucky for me, Grace was at the service desk, and she set me straight:

1) The dealers aren't networked - I could only get service history info from the location that did the service;

2) Extra-lucky for me: a search of the VIN showed my Mirage was serviced at that very dealership!

Grace very helpfully printed out the car's maintenance summary, going back to day one. And she went above the call of duty, since she had to figure out a way to do it that wouldn't identify the previous owner (whose contact info was in the service records).

She could have just said "sorry, can't do it". But after a minute or 2 of working on the computer, she said "aha!" and fired up the printer.

With that kind of service, I wouldn't hesitate to send any Mitsubishi owner to her dealership. Thanks, Grace!

Name:  yonge-north-mits-dealer-inside.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  51.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait, so you bought a Mirage finally? Did I miss the thread about it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    On a whim, I dropped in to the Mitsubishi service department just to find out if it was possible to get a print-out of the car's service history
    Cool beans. So, what did you find? Anything outside ordinary, routine service?

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I guess so! Though the discussion spans several threads. Have you looked for the garage entry?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Yessir! If you weren't following the used Mirage ads thread, you might have missed the exciting (for me!) lead-up to getting one.

Are you on the mobile forum skin/theme? I don't think the garage links appear under the usernames on mobile:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/dto_ga...vehicle&v=2084

Did you opt out of the monthly forum e-mail newsletter? It was in there too. :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pryme (11-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Where have you been? I picked one up too lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (11-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yessir! If you weren't following the used Mirage ads thread, you might have missed the exciting (for me!) lead-up to getting one.

Are you on the mobile forum skin/theme? I don't think the garage links appear under the usernames on mobile:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/dto_ga...vehicle&v=2084

Did you opt out of the monthly forum e-mail newsletter? It was in there too. :P
    I only view the general area and tech area mainly. And lounge on occasion. And yes, I'm on mobile exclusively.

Congrats to you both haha. Metros looks just like mine except the wheels.

I do get the emails but didnt read the latest one. I'll check it out

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Love those rims.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Arrow thanks thanks

Me too. A recent new member got them on a used Mirage bought from a Mitsu dealer. Wonder how they ended up with extras?

---

Update!

Grace sent a thank-you note for my thank you note.

Apparently that's just the kind of person she is -- the kind of person business owners value having on staff.

I'm sure she won't mind me re-posting:

This just made my week! Thank you so much for your kind words, It isn't often people go out of their way for a positive review.

This is greatly appreciated and very heart warming.

I hope you are enjoying your Mirage and whenever you are in our neck of the woods please pop by and say hello.

Enjoy the Holiday Season, all the best!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-29-2019)

Wow, that's nice. Glad to hear you found a good Mitsubishi dealer in Canada.
    The last dozen or so times I deal with the mitsu dealer is less than pleasant to say the least.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Cool beans. So, what did you find? Anything outside ordinary, routine service?
    A few unusual things I found:

1) The sale date was quite a long time after the dealer received the car (Oct. 2013 - Mar. 2015 ... related thread: How old is your Mirage (production date)? .. )

2) A "clean Carproof" (in terms of collision damage) doesn't necessarily mean a clean car: the service history notes body repairs done by the dealership before it was sold. They fixed the front left bumper & did paintless dent repair on the front left quarter panel. Not put through insurance, I guess, so it doesn't appear in the Carproof.

Coincidentally, that's the same corner of the car I just repaired. It was re-damaged a few years ago -- documented in the service notes.

3) The car went in for a couple of "check engine light" reports, but the service notes say no physical fault was found. Since I only have the summary, I don't know what the codes were.

Other than that, it's just the usual: oil changes, filters, brakes, tires & recall fixes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-30-2019)