Thread: 2017 Mirage hatchback radio

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2017 Mirage hatchback radio

Hope I'm on the right site. My 2017 Mirage hatchback when starting the key light comes on with a line through it flashing, radio is on then goes to static then turns blk and doesn't come back on till you turn the car off and start again. Then it does the same thing again. I tried replacing the two fuses in the yellow space in the fuse box and pushing it back in till it clicks. It didn't work Any help will be appreciated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like your radio is screwed. Verify you're getting both 12v constant and 12v switched power and a good ground. If so replace the radio
    It's possible you'll read 12v but the connection is so bad it won't have enough amperage to run the device, so you might want to actually put a load on the switched wire. Given it fires up for a second before going blank I think ide figure a way to do that instead of relying on a voltage reading alone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for the quick response I will try that the next time I have some extra time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Newer radios have an anti-theft feature. Do you suppose that is what's happening here? Maybe it just needs to be reset.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's the OEM radio that came with the car. When I swapped the Fuses it stopped for like one start and run but the next morning started all over again. We had to replace the battery just a few days ago. I thinking of pulling the fuses again and replacing. Maybe they are bad again.