Thread: Corporate update

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Corporate update

The alliance making a new announcement about new auto tech development.

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/ne...065001651.html

Last edited by AtomicPunk; 12-01-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Nice find.

Here's what I found on Reuters:

Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi Motors agree to form new venture for advanced R&D: Kyodo

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
    The Nissan Motor Co (7201.T), Renault SA (RENA.PA) and Mitsubishi Motors Corp (7211.T) alliance has agreed to form a new company focused on research and development of advanced automotive technologies, Kyodo News said.

The three companies will announce a concrete plan in January, Kyodo reported on Sunday, citing people familiar with the matter. The new venture also aims to strengthen the alliance, in which relationships have frayed since the arrest and ouster of former supremo Carlos Ghosn, according to the report.

Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi plan to appoint a general secretary to the helm of their partnership to boost cooperation and reboot joint operations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I need to do better about posting the info for easier readability, rather than just the link. My new years resolution!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Only thing I want to read is Toyota is stealing Mitsubishi away from Nissan/Renault. Why why whyyyyyyyyy couldn't Mitsubishi have joined Honda or Toyota instead? Mitsu could of replaced Scion!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Only thing I want to read is Toyota is stealing Mitsubishi away from Nissan/Renault. Why why whyyyyyyyyy couldn't Mitsubishi have joined Honda or Toyota instead? Mitsu could of replaced Scion!
    It wasn't Mitsubishi's choice. Nissan's Carlos Ghosn bought a controlling stake in Mitsubishi when their kei car fuel economy scandal hit their stock price hard.

It's as if Mitsubishi is a cursed stepchild facing a life of misery.
    Last edited by Eggman; 12-02-2019 at 12:49 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I just finished watching Tucker, The Man and his Dream. It says a lot about how small firms will survive.

Whenever a small innovative company is acquired by a large entity the smaller firm is usually asset stripped, starting with intellectual property, then the carcass gets jettisoned by the wayside as the large entity soldiers on. It's usually best to have the same size players , or close enough, join up to form a new firm.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

timw4mail (12-02-2019)