Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Howdy from Pensacola Florida

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Howdy from Pensacola Florida

Tomorrow I will be picking up a new Mirage. I have been reading the posts on this forum. I have owned a few Geo Metros back in the 90's and this being a 3 cylinder would like to compare seeing that I liked those cars.

About me, I'm retired and as a pass time have been building new computers and buying new cars. I'm hoping this car will put a smile on my face. Anyhow I would like to add I drove a Mirage today. It made me think of the Geo Metro. So time will tell, I expect to see high gas mileage.

Thanks for this forum, I hope that I can contribute here. I know I will be asking a few questions.

Keep the faith.

-Zxit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome. Are you going with the 5 speed or cvt?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by socal6g View Post
    Welcome. Are you going with the 5 speed or cvt?
    The CVT. My wife can't drive a stick. LoL! The dealer offered to let me have the car awhile before I actually purchase it. What do you think?

-Zxit

Hi, Zxit.

Fellow Metro afficionado here. I still have one (well 2 actually, counting the EV conversion).

That's pretty good -- and unusual -- of your dealer to offer an extended test. (What's the story there?)

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the CVT when I tested it out. It's a car that will seriously reward a careful throttle foot. You probably saw this already:

From:Speed vs. mpg/mileage/fuel economy chart - Mirage 1.2L 5-spd and CVT

I managed to get 42 MPG (US) from the CVT in Ottawa city driving without doing anything unusual (no engine off), just driving conservatively:

Thread: Gas mileage/MPG test: 2014 Mirage CVT vs. 5-speed (sub/urban Ottawa route)

The Mirage's CVT simply beats the pants off the antiquated automatic slushbox you could get in a Metro. (Though I bet you owned 5-speeds.)

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your test & decision.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site! Its great to have another owner here.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. Just pulled into the garage with an M. Mirage CVT. I'm going to have to think up a name for it. As for the color it is stated as "infrared"= "Red" The car had 12 miles on it after I drove it. It was on the showroom floor.
    If you don't mind me telling you I bought it at Pete Moore Imports.
    MetroMPG, LoL! I should have known what that meant. When I got my email on this thread I thought Hmmm.
    In the 90's I owned several Metros aka "Suzuki swifts", and driving from Florida to Maine I would see several times 48 mpg with the automatic stick shift.
    I will take some pics of the car when I get a chance and post them here.

I will be glad to answer any questions I can for the forum members.

Keep the faith.

-Zxit

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi, Zxit.

Fellow Metro afficionado here. I still have one (well 2 actually, counting the EV conversion).

That's pretty good -- and unusual -- of your dealer to offer an extended test. (What's the story there?)
    Pete Moore Imports has this policy I suppose to his return customers. He will also refund your money within 24 hours after purchase. Don't quote me on that though that use to be his policy.

Do I need to say, Keep the Faith... LoL!

-Zxit

Congrats on the purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Zxit View Post
    If you don't mind me telling you I bought it at Pete Moore Imports.
    I don't mind at all. I think people should feel free to post praise/criticism of their dealerships if they have anything to say.

E.G. I was treated really well when I went in to http://donnellymitsubishi.ca/ in Ottawa ... was upfront that I wasn't buying, but they were still happy to let me drive 2 cars - both 5-speed and CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Welcome to forum Zxit and G'Day from Australia Did you have any accessories added to the car?
    Cheers,

Tim

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi Zxit welcome to the forum hope the new go goes well for you.

Cheers Jamie