Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What's the most gas you've ever filled in your Mirage?

Country
    Aaland
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,696 Posts
    Yeah, I went through most of it. Both evap valve worked fine and would activate with a scan tool. Vent wasn't plugged. I got to the point where the charcoal canister was the only thing left. It's someone else's problem now. Stupid Nissan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPhil View Post
    Yeah, so, here's where I admit to running out of gas a few times...

30 years of driving taught me to not trust gauges, refuel at 1/4 tank, and generally don't play around with the fuel gods.

The gas gauge in my mirage is finicky. It's also a flat out liar! The first 100k miles it was fine, and i used one of the trip trackers to count miles every time I filled up. Hit 300 miles, then fuel up, no problem.

Then something happened. I wasn't paying attention to the trip mileage, and the gas gauge still showed 1/3 full, and I ran out of gas. A couple weeks later it happened again, but was aided by an uphill stop right near the gas station. FAIL.

I've got about 138k on the car now, and looking through my gas log I've hit 9 gallons several times ...

Not the top fill up in the thread, but I'm consistent(ly bad).
    How's it running?