Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It was great knowing all of you!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Sad to say I won't be coming around much anymore. Not sure how long the top of page advertisements have been on the forum for, but they have ruined the experience for me. The forum is difficult enough to navigate on mobile and its generally a bit frustrating, even without the top of the page floating from a 1/10th page to 1/4 page data sucking and scroll killing advertisement.

So, just wanted to say goodbye to all. Forum has been amazing for the last while. Thanks for having me.

Albus, the 44,000km 2018 who just had his first transmission service will carry on for years to come. I'll check in at major milestones (km or repairs).

See ya!
    Are you giving up visiting the Micra forum for your Micra as well? In any event, cheers!

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Way to go Darin! Keeping it nice here. There is certainly value to caring about your sites image . I've been known to abandon forums that go downhill.

Overrun by ads or not it's hard to imagine this place getting to this point.

Like seriously did they get hacked by a teenager getting a D in their middle school html class??? lol

Here's the thing: I'm still seeing the giant ads despite turning it off hours ago. Google said "may take up to an hour" for changes to show up.

More to investigate...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Like seriously did they get hacked by a teenager getting a D in their middle school html class??? lol
    Yeah, I was a bit perplexed last time I visited GMF. It might be outside of Mullet's hands since the forum is hosted by a 3rd party.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (12-05-2019)

I don't see any ads on this page. They never really bothered me, if they did I'd offer you money to get rid of them rather than complain. Nobody should work for free, if you can make a few bucks from ads great. The pop up ones can get annoying while using a phone though but still, nobody is paying to sign up to this forum. Almost should start charging, especially if all the Mirage problems and fixes were more organised into threads without the pages of derailments lol.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not seeing any new ads with Firefox 60 on Win 7 or Opera 12 on my SymbianOS phone.

I never saw them so maybe try deleting your cookies?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    empty your cache or enable "always load page from internet" if you have that option
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I'm not that smart. And don't care to bother. I hate ads on youtube more but they don't bother me enough to complain to youtube. If I did they'd probably say pay a fee and they'll make ads go away, just like games and apps offer. I'm cheap, I'll put up with ads.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i think if the ads bother someone they can just install Ublock Origin or change their DNS to adguard dns. Or use
    pi-hole (more advanced)
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hey what happened to all the ads at the top of the page?

I miss them...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-05-2019),fc321 (12-06-2019),poorman1 (12-05-2019)