Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all lurkers!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts

Calling all lurkers!

I'm getting the impression that there are more Mirage owners browsing this forum than what we have as active members.

One thing that helps this forum stand out from other online resources is we try to learn, document and discuss what we can about these little cars. The more contributors we have, the better this forum can serve that purpose. That and aimless, friendly banter.

The Mirage is sold around the world by Mitsubishi. It's always interesting to hear from folks in different markets. Sometimes we rely on an online translator to make sense of each other!

So if you have used MirageForum.com to find answers to your questions, I encourage you to sign up - make your own account, start a forum Garage entry and let us know how your Mirage is working out. We'd love to hear from you.

As ever, WELCOME!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

2of9 (12-09-2019),AtomicPunk (12-09-2019),daleWV (12-09-2019),foama (12-09-2019),Fummins (12-09-2019),MetroMPG (12-09-2019)

Seconded!

I'm always pleased and amazed when someone signs up to a forum and says "I've been reading for years, but just signed up today because..."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-09-2019)

Country
    Germany
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi! I'm usually someone who only reads in forums but I signed up here. Do it the same way.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ochsnerj For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-09-2019),Dirk Diggler (12-09-2019),MetroMPG (12-09-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    thirdeded.? ya.

This is the only forum I've ever belonged to in my 30 years on the internet where users DO NOT attack each other! It's true we might just say, "well, like, that's your opinion man" but to actually insult someone here? It doesn't happen. We kid each other which is a great sign of friendship.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This forum is the only online forum I'm on currently. This forum is extremely resourceful. It's insane how much information is on here.

I do really hope forums like these make a huge come back. Social Media outlets can only give you so much but I really feel like Forums are here to stay.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-09-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Social media is for those lacking an attention span.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Social media is for those lacking an attention span.
    That's an interesting point. A lot of social media becomes information overload where an individual is swamped with insignificant minutiae. Also discussions of any significance are quickly lost in the din.

Forums allow for some means of organizing stuff. That makes it easier to find answers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-09-2019),Wallythacker (12-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm here! I don't post that often, but I do try and chime in when I have something helpful. I am the one that made a video of adding Cruise and Fog Lights to 2018 ES models.

Just over 5K on my car now and i still LOVE it!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-09-2019),inuvik (12-09-2019),MetroMPG (12-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    I'm here! I don't post that often, but I do try and chime in when I have something helpful. I am the one that made a video of adding Cruise and Fog Lights to 2018 ES models.

Just over 5K on my car now and i still LOVE it!
    Thanks for the postings! I love the instructional help on here. Just installed my Daox sway bar Saturday with my phone open to the forum by my side, lol. This forum is the only posting site I do. No facebook, no twitter, no jalopnik. No time for that. This forum is friendly, useful and fun. That's why I keep coming back.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Back in 2016 when I had my choices whittled down to the Nissan Versa, Chevrolet Spark or the mirage I noticed this Mirage forum and how much activity and tutorials where available to allow an average Joe to do their own maintenance. And how fast you would get a reply for help with any silly question. That really made a big difference for me in choosing the Mirage. The members here are very nice people with a vast wealth of knowledge. Willing to hold your hand thru every step of an oil change.

But I can understand why people lurk and dont post. Its because just about every question has already come up and been answered ALREADY via a forum search.

It reminds me of when you choose a Linux distro.....You want one with a very active forum and fast replies to your questions and error codes. I am very grateful to all who contribute and we all have something to contribute, even if its an opinion on fashion and taste. I have never been mechanically inclined but a forum like this really empowers you to do your own maintenance and then you feel good about yourself as a man. That you did the job yourself with your own hands and that it was successful.

So i encourage all members to post because we all have something to contribute. Take a penny, leave a penny. Even when you are new and all you contribute are "my problems"......... you still leave behind posts witch others can search for in the future. And stay around long enough and you can start contributing solutions as you learn more and more.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-09-2019),MetroMPG (12-09-2019)