Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Honda!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I do 3000-3100RPM at 80mph...
    I am not super loyal to any particular brand, but I've had very good luck with Honda products. That luck goes beyond vehicles. Vehicles like the Corolla & Civic have really grown over the years. In my opinion that growth has created a void in the car market that the Mirage fills quite nicely.

My former 2000 Honda CRV LX AWD (2.0 L engine with 5-speed manual) revved up relatively high @ highway speeds. Honda engines seem to take that in stride.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am not super loyal to any particular brand, but I've had very good luck with Honda products. That luck goes beyond vehicles. Vehicles like the Corolla & Civic have really grown over the years. In my opinion that growth has created a void in the car market that the Mirage fills quite nicely.

My former 2000 Honda CRV LX AWD (2.0 L engine with 5-speed manual) revved up relatively high @ highway speeds. Honda engines seem to take that in stride.
    I totally agree... I wanted the fit but its hard to find a manual in LA and as I can see they do not make 2020s in manual in the LX trim. for the price of the Fit sport I got this! MPG is actually a tad more on the Civic!
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I totally agree... I wanted the fit but its hard to find a manual in LA and as I can see they do not make 2020s in manual in the LX trim. for the price of the Fit sport I got this! MPG is actually a tad more on the Civic!
    I also doubt this will be your last Honda!
    Last edited by Mark; 12-11-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    A friend of mine had a 98-2000 aged prelude sh too and I always recall it was really high revving on the freeway. I always think it was at least as high revving as the mirage on the freeway? Was it
    This car was a blast. It was also a pig. I don't think I ever got more than 21 MPG with it. For a smallish, two-door, four-banger, that's kinda bad. It ran rich, too. I don't remember the highway revs being high, however. I drove it from Milwaukee, WI to St. Louis, MO and back. Just small on the inside.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are you sure it isn't direct injected? I was fairly sure all the "earth dreams" engines were.