Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nissan: When you make a exotic car no one wants.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I just truly hope Nissan has gotten its act together with its partnership with JATCO. The perception of reliability with consumers isnt great. Ones that are in the know. You'd be shocked how Nissan owners dont even know about their transmission.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You'd be shocked how Nissan owners dont even know about their transmission.
    Yeah! SHOCKED I say!!

Truly shocking claim indeed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I just truly hope Nissan has gotten its act together with its partnership with JATCO. The perception of reliability with consumers isnt great. Ones that are in the know. You'd be shocked how Nissan owners dont even know about their transmission.
    To be fair most consumers know NOTHING about the underpinnings of their cars. If they were aware Ford would have no DCT issues because after the 1st model year sales would go to ZERO. Meaning ford would truly have to fix the problem properly. But they didn't, because people bought on looks, color, emotion, financing, dealer proximity, etc.

Nisssan isn't alone for people buying their crap with known problems.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-18-2019),inuvik (12-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    To be fair most consumers know NOTHING about the underpinnings of their cars.
    For sure. Most owner’s understanding of how any mechanical item functions on their vehicle approaches what I consider “magic box” territory. A deeply imbedded erroneous belief that other than oil changes, no maintenance necessary! Just because your average vehicle has at least 1/2 a dozen CPU’s and a multitude of electronic gizmos it’s still a mechanical machine and not software.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    In a telling example of how awry things are at Nissan they are still trying to get sell 50 (thatÂ’s right, not 500 but fifty) of their special edition GT-R50.
    Overall I don't see GTR-s as being in the same category as a Bugatti, or other exotics. I think the Italian design firm there did a good job with the side stripes, and racing numbers. Very subtle and understated. The new 370s are doing the same look, like right from the factory.

I don't think used GTR-s command the price of a mint Toyota Supra from the 1990s.. I read somewhere Nissan is losing sales real bad the past few years. Anyhow I took this photo of a DUB GTR at the Detroit Auto show a few years back:

Name:  dub gtr.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  63.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $1mil GTR is pretty stupid. The whole point of the Japanese sports cars were to give you near Italian performance with better reliability at a fraction of the cost. Might as well buy an Aventador for $400k.

They should be focusing on giving us an affordable S16 Silvia, wouldn't even care if it is electric.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I feel like anyone who owns that car, just has "F** You" money.
    Yup, 2 GTR's in my little city, one a few blocks from where my parents live. Both owned by young-ish doctors -- surprise, surprise!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)