Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost another car today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Firefighters dont open their personal cars door to enter, they just smash the window and climb in. Quicker, more efficient.
    Maybe they should drive wranglers? I know a few firefighters, they're crazy anal about keeping their stuff looking mint.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (12-13-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The inner fender is crumpled and torn, the firewall is probably squished in a bit too, the battery and tray pushed right into the master/booster. It's hard to say if the front door was okay before being opened into the fender, I can't fault anyone for that though.

I do cringe a bit while watching the fire department cause unnecessary damage to cars. Instead of pulling the hood release cable they just took a crowbar to the hood. destroying the upper tie bar, bumper cover, hood, intake manifold, radiator. Then cut both battery cables
    u save the cvt?

It's probably ok. We'll likely end up with this one as a parts car. The last one that was rolled had hardly anything left and the insurance company wanted more for it than any of the other ones we bought back in the past. I grabbed the tires off it and installed bent wheels and bald tire, swapped out the drivers seat and battery and told them to come and get it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    That's very unfortunate. Thank God you're safe.

It wasn't me, I just keep my works fleet going. I'm sure those airbags sting pretty pretty good, everyone that's been in accidents in these that I've talked to say their legs hurt the most.
    Last accident victim got t-boned in the drivers door, then rolled completely at least once over a fire hydrant ending up with the drivers door face down on the road. Driver was fine, returned to work the next morning like nothing happened. Some stupid blew through a stop sign in his dodge journey.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I mean the mirage is small but is it really small enough to lose? I mean is the snow that deep or the grass that long that the car is lost? Lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-14-2019)