Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best ODB II reader to clear ABS and all codes for 2015 Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The code you posted is a tpms code c1942. Try to decode that mess of a post I made with the link that doesn't work. It has a flow chart.
    Another note, when I do live data with my scanner or even try to diagnose with it plugged in the abs and traction lights will usually come one and stay on til I unplug the dongle. And we've had the same lights come on when we used gps trackers that plugged into the obdII port. I can't remember if that's been mentioned or not.
    This is not my case. They stay on all the time. The tire pressures are all good.

And I just clicked your amazon link. I doubt that thing does anything other than read generic obdII codes and some live data from the engine. Abs,airbag,tpms etc will all need something a little more capable. Me thinks scanner danner was paid to promote that thing.

I won't garantee this will work but you'll have a way better chance of pulling abs codes with this thing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQJTQN2...NrPXRydWU&th=1

I found this in the description:
    NOTE: ABS SRS(Airbag) diagnostics is NOT universally compatible to all vehicles. Please send VIN number to auteldirect@outlook.com to check compatibility.
    maybe just email autel and ask them wth cheapo scanner you need to read abs codes on your car. I've had really good luck with tech support from autel. I spoke with people that were fluent in english, I couldn't believe it!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Wayne (11-27-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And I just clicked your amazon link. I doubt that thing does anything other than read generic obdII codes and some live data from the engine. Abs,airbag,tpms etc will all need something a little more capable. Me thinks scanner danner was paid to promote that thing.

I won't garantee this will work but you'll have a way better chance of pulling abs codes with this thing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQJTQN2...NrPXRydWU&th=1

I found this in the description:
    NOTE: ABS SRS(Airbag) diagnostics is NOT universally compatible to all vehicles. Please send VIN number to auteldirect@outlook.com to check compatibility.
    Have you used this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dust2dust02 View Post
    This is not my case. They stay on all the time. The tire pressures are all good.
    But what if you have a s h i t tpms sensor?
    You could always hit up a tire shop and see if they can quickly verify that all your sensors are working with a little hand held tool. You just point it to the valve stem and press a button. It activates the sensor and the tool reads whether its working, the pressure and id number, temperature etc... The tool to do that is around $100-200. This is the one I have https://www.amazon.com/Autel-TS401-A...dDbGljaz10cnVl
    It's read every sensor I've needed to including jag, bmw, mercedes etc.. but I've never tried it on a Mitsubishi.
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-11-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Wayne (11-27-2022)

Have you used this one?
    I haven't, I use an autel maxisys mini. This one https://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiSys...pb_opt?ie=UTF8
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Wayne (11-27-2022)

Nvm chances are if you had a bad sensor your tpms light would be on...
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    But what if you have a s h i t tpms sensor?
    You could always hit up a tire shop and see if they can quickly verify that all your sensors are working with a little hand held tool. You just point it to the valve stem and press a button. It activates the sensor and the tool reads whether its working, the pressure and id number, temperature etc... The tool to do that is around $100-200. This is the one I have https://www.amazon.com/Autel-TS401-A...dDbGljaz10cnVl
    It's read every sensor I've needed to including jag, bmw, mercedes etc.. but I've never tried it on a Mitsubishi.
    I would think the TPMS light would be on?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would think the TPMS light would be on?
    This thread was more about the code reader than the issue. I found out it was BOTH of my brake lights... Replaced them and lights went off.