Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Hammer Time!

Here in Canada....jk

Around Edmonton It’s been around -15 for a while, it’s up to -5 today. Whoo hoo! Haven’t gotten much snow yet, maybe 6-8” total so far.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Geez. Lucky you didn't need a wrecker to pull you out. What are the general road conditions on the Great White North? Vary by province/territory like our states?

Guess I should specify: how does your government do keeping the roads repaired, pot holes filled, etc....?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Guess I should specify: how does your government do keeping the roads repaired, pot holes filled, etc....?
    The province of Ontario does a remarkable job in southern Ontario to keep the major roadways in top condition. Apparently the highways around Toronto carry more traffic than anywhere else in the world. All the more fantastic.

Cities vary wildly. Some have impassable roads, with more potholes than roadway. Some small cities/towns have perfect roadways, likely because of very high property taxes from high income areas.

Counties (yes, we have those) and regions are mostly maintained by the regional governments. Most areas are really good now, but just a couple decades ago we had secondary highways that were horrible, just pure crap to drive on even at 50mph.

I'd say Ontario would rate A overall. I drive in Michigan a fair bit and would rate there a C+. I give New York State a B- for where I've driven. We pay $120/yr. for annual tags which I think is fair considering.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-16-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Here in Canada....jk
    You have to forgive me; only crossed the border once in Niagra 30 years ago. Everything else I know about Canada comes from Bob and Doug McKenzie and Letterkenny.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-16-2019)

Don't worry, I'm in the easily offensive part not the easily offended.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Don't worry, I'm in the easily offensive part not the easily offended.

Me, too! Its a much more enjoyable group to be in!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Me, too! Its a much more enjoyable group to be in!
    But what if you belong to both groups? I'll bet that's when life gets real confusing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hmmmm, that looks like quite a dent. I am concerned if a human could bang it out perfectly using home Hand-tools. I would be worried about if the tire will get damaged or die an earlier death if placed on a wheel that is not perfectly symmetrical.

I dont really know what I am talking about. I am just talking about my feelings. But if same accident happened to me I would most likely take it to a professional or replace the wheel. Im talking about since I dont posses the experience or skill to hammer it out completely symmetrical.

Also you mention you will get an alignment but do you say that from fear that this current mishap caused the car to need re-alignment............ or that that car was in need of an alignment before the mishap?

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)