Thread: Retro fit Heated Seats

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Retro fit Heated Seats

2014 UK RHD CVT S/S

After reading through the various threads regarding heated seats, I can confirm that I do have the connector near the FAST bit above the gear selector (CVT)
    Under both seats, there is a loose connector - with three wires (Red, Black, Green on drivers side)
    There is also a two wire connector, that's connected (Blue/Black on drivers side)

Does this mean that I have heated seats connected, and just need to add a switch ? Because the other threads imply it's a two-wire connector I'm looking for.

Anyone got any wiring diagrams for the switch, so I can find an alternative, or at least test before buying, as £80 for a £5 switch seems very expensive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Geoffers and welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone around here will chime in with their experience with adding heated seats. Personally I wouldn't expect the seats to have the heater elements, but it would sure be nice if they were there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    2014 UK RHD CVT S/S

Anyone got any wiring diagrams for the switch, so I can find an alternative, or at least test before buying, as £80 for a £5 switch seems very expensive.
    Sorry I don't know, good luck. I wish my own 2014 Mirage had heated seats. Oh well, I think they're standard equipment now like with other brands such as Hyundai and Kia. In Canada and some states, I can see why.

I don't think they're a Haine's mechanic's guide book to the Mirage (yet).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Sorry I don't know, good luck. I wish my own 2014 Mirage had heated seats. Oh well, I think they're standard equipment now like with other brands such as Hyundai and Kia. In Canada and some states, I can see why.

I don't think they're a Haine's mechanic's guide book to the Mirage (yet).
    The 2020 Mirage is finally listed on the USA website.

At this point, only four 2020 trim levels are listed (ES, LE, SE, & GT). The 2019 RF is not listed.

The LE & GT have heated seats. The ES & SE do not. Then again, we have found the web site to be wrong at times.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The 2020 Mirage is finally listed on the USA website.

At this point, only four 2020 trim levels are listed (ES, LE, SE, & GT). The 2019 RF is not listed.

The LE & GT have heated seats. The ES & SE do not. Then again, we have found the web site to be wrong at times.
    What? The SE, not a cheap option by any stretch, doesn't have heated seats? When were they removed? Or better still, were they ever included in US SE trim levels?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    What? The SE, not a cheap option by any stretch, doesn't have heated seats? When were they removed? Or better still, were they ever included in US SE trim levels?
    Now that auto climate controls have become standard, the difference in the MSRP of a LE & SE is $200. Thus, you have to decide what your value more. This is why I have been a bit critical of how Mitsubishi markets the Mirage. The cheaper LE trim level has some things the higher priced SE trim level doesn't have. Now that items like cruise (2019) & auto climate controls (2020) have become standard items, I don't see the need for 4 trim levels. Last year we had 5 trim levels. That made even less sense. You could get a Rockford Fosgate stereo system on a base level car, but not the higher trim levels. Silly?

The cheaper LE gives you 15" alloy wheels and heated seats. The SE has never had those items I believe.

Thus, it comes down to a decision - do I want the LE with 15" wheels & heated seats or the SE with FAST-Key entry and push button start? Last year you could have said the SE also gave you auto climate controls, but that's standard this year.

Each year more standard features have been added the same basic car. This has done nothing for the SE & GT trim levels during that time. I am interested in a good price for an economy car. Adding standard features has made the Mirage less appealing to me each year. I don't consider any trim level to be basic any more. Adding features doesn't make this car more appealing to me, but I get they are important to others.