Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone know who makes kirkland brand synthetic?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    My Costco is carrying this Kirkland synthetic engine oil in a six-pack of quart size bottles in 5W-30. I wonder if my store will carry other viscosities such as 5W- or 0W-20.
    https://www.costco.com/kirkland-sign...100518855.html

10 quarts for $24.99 is a good deal!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    https://www.costco.com/kirkland-sign...100518855.html

10 quarts for $24.99 is a good deal!
    My Costco store is not carrying that item on their shelves. They have the quart-size bottles in a six-pack, and only in 5W-30. I understand it can be ordered, but that's not the intent of my post. I'm just sharing what I see.

Can anyone vouch if their Costco store has the 5-quart bottles in stock on the shelf, and/or in other viscosities?
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-20-2020 at 08:40 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    My Costco store is not carrying that item on their shelves. They have the quart-size bottles in a six-pack, and only in 5W-30. I understand it can be ordered, but that's not the intent of my post. I'm just sharing what I see.

Can anyone vouch if their Costco store has the 5-quart bottles in stock on the shelf, and/or in other viscosities?
    If anyone is interested in using 0W-20 Kirkland oil, they can order it. That was the purpose of my post!

The $24.99 sale ended yesterday, but $29.99 will still get 10 quarts shipped to home. Not sure how often this sales happens? I've never purchased anything from Costco for that matter.

0W-20 Kirkland @ Costco and 0W-20 Super Tech @ Walmart are cheaper than most conventional oils on the market.

My local quick lube shop switched over from Mobil 1 to Kirkland this past summer. I doubt it was done because Kirkland is a superior product. I'm sure they charge the same for oil changes, & they make more money using a cheaper product. That being said, I don't see a problem with using Kirkland oil. It's more important to stay on top of your maintenance intervals.