Thread: Greetings ALL - 2018 June I bought a 2015 Mirage - WBL

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Greetings ALL - 2018 June I bought a 2015 Mirage - WBL

Greetings - I bought a 2015 Mirage at WB Mitsu. Love that dealer. I really love my car. i havent been this happy since i had a Daewoo Lanos. yes the Lanos gave me great Mileage and no real major problems. Not bad for traveling for me and my wife and 3 wiener dogs in the back. I swear the sales person thought i was crazy when i checked out the backseat first on the car in detail. My dogs have seat belt latch for their harnesses and hammock like device for them to sit on. Love the Mileage and really dig the set the temp and let the car do the rest. Sincerely Brian.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Greetings! This is the best car forum I know of. You'll enjoy your time here.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, finding some interesting stuff.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tewin777 View Post
    Greetings - I bought a 2015 Mirage at WB Mitsu. Love that dealer.
    Hello Tewin777and welcome to the forum.

White Bear has one of the best reputations here on the forum. Sounds like your ownership is off to a good start.

So tell us - how did you find us? Was the forum influential in your decision to get one?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Actually i bought it first and had some questions and when googling found this forum. After lurking several times decided to join. FYI i am a novice on car repair, but looking to do simple stuff on my own. Oil changes and other basic stuff.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tewin777 View Post
    Actually i bought it first and had some questions and when googling found this forum. After lurking several times decided to join. FYI i am a novice on car repair, but looking to do simple stuff on my own. Oil changes and other basic stuff.
    That's good to know. When discussing anything related to your car it's helpful to know what it is, when it was made and how it's configured. You can make a forum Garage entry about your Mirage that we all can refer to without repeatedly asking & answering the same questions. The link to adding a car can be found in the left-hand column under your name, or you can use this:

Garage empty: add car

With a garage entry you can show off your Mirage and any modifications with pictures, and keep track of changes over time.

When it comes to maintenance, there are so many ways to go about it that there is a lot of personal preference involved. I say start with a good set of tools - stay away from cheap ones that are more likely to cause damage to your car. Even with this start, if you have any questions, search around here - you might find that your question has already been answered. If not, ask and you'll get a broad range of input and discussion that sometimes winds up being several pages long.

It even helps to know what facilities you have available for basic car maintenance. Here, you will find folks that live in rural settings with plenty of garage space but limited access to parts, materials & supplies. Or, a suburban locale with more access to parts suppliers. Or someone who lives in an apartment building where car repairs are simply not allowed and they have to find some other way to do what others take for granted. And since the Mirage is sold worldwide, we have folks from around the world active on the forum.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded, boring reply. There's lots of friendly folks here. If you have any questions, just let us know and we'll do our best to help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks i will fill that out. NP on post length.