Thread: Oil change nightmare

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I am installing a Fumoto at my next oil change. Had one on my Geo Metro, and it was great!
    Yes buy the Fumoto or the competing brand named EZ Oil drain valve. They both perform same function so buy whichever one is cheaper. Also remember guys that you can use same valve over and over again in the future on future vehicles. It basically lasts for a lifetime so it makes the $18 price a good investment. And dont forget to save the factory oil bolt and washer so you can put it back on when you sell your car.

If you guys are in the mood for Conspiracy Theories I would say that manufacturers are making it hard to change your own oil to make the car more "Dealer Dependent" and they may even instruct the grease monkeys at Quick Lube to over-tighten the filter ON PURPOSE to dissuade owners to do it themself. But we have tricks to get that bugger off such as using a mousepad or even the hack of hammering a flatblade screwdriver into the filter and then using that to twist it off.

Where there is a will there is a way. With enough patience and with the right tools (or the hacks) even a wimp can get it off. And dont even get me started on the tire shops that over-torque the wheel bolts with an impact wrench.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (12-16-2019)