Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles did you get out of your oem brake pads? I got 126k!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

How many miles did you get out of your oem brake pads? I got 126k!

I've seen many on this forum mention the mirage's brakes dont last very long but I just changed out my front pads today for the very first time at 126k. The used pads still had a good amount of material as you can see. I'm curious if anyone has gotten more out their brakes than I have?Name:  20191216_143648.jpg
Views: 2313
Size:  85.4 KB

Last edited by Geojake; 12-16-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    2017 mitsubishi mirage manual , redline mtl in the gearbox every 40k, mobil1 ep 0w20 along with fram ultra xg7317 every 15k

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geojake For This Useful Post:

fc321 (12-18-2019),inuvik (12-16-2019)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got 59,000 miles out of the brakes on my 2017 ES manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't know about the fronts but the rear brakes were toast on my 2015 with 72K on it. I just bought it though so I don't know the previous driving habits. They are some TINY little shoes though!
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geojake View Post
    I've seen many on this forum mention the mirage's brakes dont last very long but I just changed out my front pads today for the very first time at 126k. The used pads still had a good amount of material as you can see. I'm curious if anyone has gotten more out their brakes than I have?
    I appreciate you sharing this.

If you don't mind, I would like hear about what sort of miles you put on your Mirage? Do you do a lot of long distance highway miles, mix of driving, mostly city?

Brake life seems to be a wide range on this forum, but how we use our cars also varies.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Don't know about the fronts but the rear brakes were toast on my 2015 with 72K on it. I just bought it though so I don't know the previous driving habits. They are some TINY little shoes though!
    Man maybe I should check my shoes! I haven't inspected them because I'm used too my shoes lasting about twice as long as pads but I know all vehicles are different.
    2017 mitsubishi mirage manual , redline mtl in the gearbox every 40k, mobil1 ep 0w20 along with fram ultra xg7317 every 15k

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I appreciate you sharing this.

If you don't mind, I would like hear about what sort of miles you put on your Mirage? Do you do a lot of long distance highway miles, mix of driving, mostly city?

Brake life seems to be a wide range on this forum, but how we use our cars also varies.
    My mirage sees about 200+ highway miles daily from Monday through Friday it's a commuter car and it does its job well at a speed of 75 to 80mph. On the weekends it does see maybe 10 miles of city driving.
    You are definitely right about the wide range of brake life and I actually only replaced my pads because I got tired of the box of break pads rolling around in the trunk for the past year. I bought them so long ago because I seen so many do a break job at low mileage and I wanted to have the parts on hand due to the amount of miles I put on this car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    I got 59,000 miles out of the brakes on my 2017 ES manual.
    Not bad brother, thanks for your numbers! It's cool to see the variance of wear between everyone's cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Roughly 63,000 miles. A handful of times using the brakes quite harshly. This is the first time replacing the pads/rotors. If I was driving super moderately since owning the car brand new, I'm pretty positive it would have lasted another 25,000 to 35,000 miles easily.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    What year is your car? The '17-up cars have much more durable brakes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I replaced the front pads and rotors on my 2014 at a little past 20K miles (20225)! My driving is almost exclusively short trips to work, store, errands, and whatnot. This is why I like high city mpg ratings and am not so worried about highway.

The original pads were toast when I replaced them and the wear indicator springs were singing.