Thread: Only Hypermilers Understand

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post

And, of course, almost everyone who attended the autocross I was at is probably getting no more than 25 mpg, and most of them are running more expensive premium fuel. So, they would have used 2.23 gallons at a cost of $6.47.

Bottom line is that it cost me half as much as anyone else to drive to my autocross yesterday, no matter which route I took, or how fast I chose to drive, which is cool. But, really... we're only talking about $3. I'm not really doing this to save money. And I'm not going to save the planet. I just enjoy the challenge of doing it!

Just had to share this. I know some of you will understand.
    My Mirage will get around 4.4 L / 100 km's, or up to around 53 USA MPG gas mileage..maybe more hypermilling it. Like in the summer months. Wintertime, in traffic or fast on the highway, and you will achieve 6-7 even.

5-6 in normal winter low traffic commute. Then again winter driving I don't have my Mirage in overdrive, all the time, right, I will drive in lower gears for more natural traction control. You would think in 4th gear you would burn more gas than in 5th, but I don't think that's always the case in my Mirage.

I have been known to speed pretty fast on the freeway... only now and again, no end goal lol that's no good..and I'm certainly long-overdue for a ticket, that I have yet to ever have in 19 years of driving. 20 years actually in January happy new years. I drove across much of Alberta and Michigan this year, and many places are 75 mph speed limits now.

Fast through Flint and Alberta. Everywhere used to be 55 mph speed limit, and strict. Like in NY state, I was driving there years ago. I heard you'd get nailed going 56, and the cops want your visa.

I'm even doing the Ferrari driving experience in the spring, so I get speed and cars alright of course. I won't even drive the Ferrari like I could, because it's not mine and the helmet will be uncomfortable.
    Last edited by dspace9; 12-31-2019 at 07:46 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)