Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocks Upgrade

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Shocks Upgrade

I am seriously considering upgrading the stock shock absorbers on my wife's 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE, once we get it home. What brand of aftermarket shocks can you guys suggest?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lumetant View Post
    I am seriously considering upgrading the stock shock absorbers on my wife's 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE, once we get it home. What brand of aftermarket shocks can you guys suggest?
    KYB struts, PN 3320010
    Nothing for the rears.

Slim picking all around.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    kyb sr special...$400+shipping from japan...might as well go for a godspeed coilovers or bc racing...

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/.../newsr-mirage/
    Last edited by flip096; 12-18-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flip096 View Post
    kyb sr special...$400+shipping from japan...might as well go for a godspeed coilovers or br racing...

Or you can buy these:

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage GodSpeed Project Coilover Shocks $550 OBO

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

flip096 (12-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    this one's a good deal..i bought mine for like $630+taxes and shipping

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flip096 View Post
    kyb sr special...$400+shipping from japan...might as well go for a godspeed coilovers or bc racing...

Cool! More info Here.

That's an appropriate price for performance shocks if they're any good. And if you want to stick with stock springs and stock ride height... a good alternative to something like the Godspeed kit.

Interested to hear some personal reviews on these.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Cool! More info Here.

That's an appropriate price for performance shocks if they're any good. And if you want to stick with stock springs and stock ride height... a good alternative to something like the Godspeed kit.

Interested to hear some personal reviews on these.
    i bought the rear ones before. i get less rubs on my rsr lowering springs compared to the oem ones...i still got it if anyone wants it...might give it away for free if you guys are willing to pick up around anaheim area just to clear up some space in my garage..that includes the rsr lowering springs..
    it might not rub the wheels if you have the right offset..
    Last edited by flip096; 12-19-2019 at 05:01 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to flip096 For This Useful Post:

Loren (12-20-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know you said you want aftermarket shocks, but you might consider stiffer springs. I suppose its debatable but in my opinion its the soft springs that are the main problem. I have much stiffer springs all around with stock shock absorbers and the car handles great.
    It also never bottoms out over high speed bumps with passengers and gear (which it did before).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm finally poking my head back in here after a long time of not using forums, since I'm in the same predicament. I'm at 67k on my 2014, and looking at rear shock options.

I found the KYB Excel-G ones available from Australia and the Philippines, and then a few choices for OEM junk on eBay, but never did find a definitive answer on whether or not the Yaris shocks bolt up or not, only talk of the springs.

I still have the H&R springs I traded another member some Tein ones for, so I'm wanting stiffer shocks to go with them. Looks like the 2017+ rear shocks /might/ work, but they're significantly more expensive, so I might as well just pay the $94 shipping from Australia to the US!

So, anyone have any updated info on what actually bolts up?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    I'm finally poking my head back in here after a long time of not using forums, since I'm in the same predicament. I'm at 67k on my 2014, and looking at rear shock options.

I found the KYB Excel-G ones available from Australia and the Philippines, and then a few choices for OEM junk on eBay, but never did find a definitive answer on whether or not the Yaris shocks bolt up or not, only talk of the springs.

I still have the H&R springs I traded another member some Tein ones for, so I'm wanting stiffer shocks to go with them. Looks like the 2017+ rear shocks /might/ work, but they're significantly more expensive, so I might as well just pay the $94 shipping from Australia to the US!

So, anyone have any updated info on what actually bolts up?
    Your at 67k on your 2014? I'm at 70k on my 2014 and mine feel fine. Have you done a bounce test? Unless you live in Afghanistan there's no reason yours should be blown. They're probably good for 200k miles. Or is this just a performance thing?