Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clickbait: Mirage is among the most unreliable 2020 car models?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I gotta take my hat off to my 2014 green hatch, its been a serious tropper with all these Uber miles and I own the supposed trouble prone year model lol. Maybe all this hair pulling and scvitzing on my part means I have the unicorn that will hit 200k miles on original everything? Ahhh well wishful thinking. Merry Christmas everybody! Are you allowed to still say that in Canada? I kid I kid! Love you all amigos!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-25-2019)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Refering to the report featured in post 1: Blatant nonsense!

It merely tells me something unflattering about who published that trash.
    I work in the media myself, and copying/pasting other folks trash as your own work was never a good idea.
    Last edited by foama; 12-25-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Moneywise blogger has his facts wrong-

Consumer Reports has our car rated at 31 out of 100 as part of their ''Overall Score''. This score is not synonymous with ''dependability'' and our car scores low for reasons we are all fairly acceptable of as we place much higher value on this cars strengths rather than weaknesses.

CR somehow calculates a 3/5 predicted reliability despite ''No Detailed Data Available'' for our cars entire reliability history across all years. They do not explain how they do this but go on to say ''Our extensive survey data, combined with our technical knowledge, allows us to expertly predict the reliability of new and redesigned models.'' As if by magic they provide an ''estimated'' reliability despite not having enough data to report any ''actual'' reliability.

Our car used to be rated by CR as the car with the lowest 5 year cost of ownership AND a very high owner satisfaction - high praise in my book - but now reports ''No Detailed Data Available'' for all years regarding owner satisfaction.

CR is well in the business of selling headlines and clicks rather than solid consumer advice and their car reviewers are out of touch.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

JohnYuma (01-10-2020),MetroMPG (02-04-2020),timw4mail (12-26-2019)