Thread: P1617

Country
    UK
    Thanks

P1617

Spotted a strange flashing yellow symbol on the dash, after getting back into the car [had left it in neutral after a short run while I unlocked the gate] 2014 Mirage, less than 6k on the clock, only had it just over a week.

Checked in Torque, and it had P1617 stored as an error code.
    Various different sites say this is to do with MAF sensor, Oil level and various other errors - but I can't find anything specific to Mitsub.
    Anyone got any ideas of where to start ?
    Just turned it off for the night, so wont be looking at it until tomorrow at the earliest.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Spotted a strange flashing yellow symbol on the dash, after getting back into the car [had left it in neutral after a short run while I unlocked the gate] 2014 Mirage, less than 6k on the clock, only had it just over a week.

Checked in Torque, and it had P1617 stored as an error code.
    Various different sites say this is to do with MAF sensor, Oil level and various other errors - but I can't find anything specific to Mitsub.
    Anyone got any ideas of where to start ?
    Just turned it off for the night, so wont be looking at it until tomorrow at the earliest.
    Geoffers, a Google search shows several different causes which I find odd because I thought this would be a standardized trouble code. One result pointed to a fault with the engine oil level switch circuit; check your oil level and even record it in case anyone asks later.

I'm not able to check the service manual. I would think that this trouble code is defined there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)