Thread: Finally a positive Mirage review, very honest

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Finally a positive Mirage review, very honest

The Mirage has been given a lot of negative press over the years. I have owned my Mirage for almost 6 years, and there are negatives to the car yes. Fair enough. But many of the mean reviewers don't point out ANY of the positives.

Attributes like: Cutting edge aerodynamic design. Light weight. Easy to park and maneuvre.

See the review I found here. It's from the UK. Different take on small cars for sure

Last edited by Eggman; 12-27-2019 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Embedded video

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

fc321 (12-27-2019),inuvik (12-26-2019),precisionxt (12-28-2019),Pryme (12-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The Mirage has been given a lot of negative press over the years. I have owned my Mirage for almost 6 years, and there are negatives to the car yes. Fair enough. But many of the mean reviewers don't point out ANY of the positives.

Attributes like: Cutting edge aerodynamic design. Light weight. Easy to park and maneuvre.

See the review I found here. It's from the UK. Different take on small cars for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv2Ba7qgIlY
    When I was shopping for a Mirage in 2017, I quickly picked up on the fact that most American reviewers are snobs. I started looking at European reviews and got a much better sense of the strengths of the Mirage. This is probably one of the more detailed ones I remember checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVi3hYruIqU

Subconsciously, it may have influenced me more than I even realized, because I have dark gray 5-speed manual in my driveway (just like the one used in the review).

European reviews, KBB & cars.com consumer reviews, and this forum helped me erase any concerns I had about the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    When I was shopping for a Mirage in 2017, I quickly picked up on the fact that most American reviewers are snobs. I started looking at European reviews and got a much better sense of the strengths of the Mirage. This is probably one of the more detailed ones I remember checking out.

Subconsciously, it may have influenced me more than I even realized, because I have dark gray 5-speed manual in my driveway (just like the one used in the review).

European reviews, KBB & cars.com consumer reviews, and this forum helped me erase any concerns I had about the Mirage.
    I remember that video as well when I was researching these cars. It's a good one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Car makers will make a greater profit on larger cars and also the oil companies will benefit more with SUVs and large trucks because they force people to buy more gas. Also unreliable vehicles will "help the economy" by creating more jobs in the repair sector and more replacement parts needed (to be purchased). And the majority of pro car reviewers are "paid off" by the car makers.

So with these facts in mind it is easy to see why mainstream "pro" car reviewers will always bad mouth cars like the Mirage. When I say "pro" reviewers I mean Professional. Professional = somebody paid for their work. Who pays the salary of these car reviewer pro's? Why it is the car makers themselves. So you will see that pro car reviewers have a paid agenda to recommend:

* Large vehicles
    * Unreliable vehicles
    * Over-engineered vehicles with fancy technologies that fail sooner than simple technologies.

So I say: Take your cues from "Actual car owners" rather than this Cabal of car reviewer pros. I say that when you are considering a new car model then go to the forum of that car model and listen to the words of the Real Car Owners.....because they have no vested interest to mislead you.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (12-28-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Car makers will make a greater profit on larger cars and also the oil companies will benefit more with SUVs and large trucks because they force people to buy more gas. Also unreliable vehicles will "help the economy" by creating more jobs in the repair sector and more replacement parts needed (to be purchased). And the majority of pro car reviewers are "paid off" by the car makers.

So with these facts in mind it is easy to see why mainstream "pro" car reviewers will always bad mouth cars like the Mirage. When I say "pro" reviewers I mean Professional. Professional = somebody paid for their work. Who pays the salary of these car reviewer pro's? Why it is the car makers themselves. So you will see that pro car reviewers have a paid agenda to recommend:

* Large vehicles
    * Unreliable vehicles
    * Over-engineered vehicles with fancy technologies that fail sooner than simple technologies.

So I say: Take your cues from "Actual car owners" rather than this Cabal of car reviewer pros. I say that when you are considering a new car model then go to the forum of that car model and listen to the words of the Real Car Owners.....because they have no vested interest to mislead you.
    Have you ever taken your Mirage to Overtown?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I remember that video as well when I was researching these cars. It's a good one.
    This is one of the better reviews for sure, Pryme. I actually looked into the reviewer. How do I explain it?

In England, you can call someone up, and they will come and buy your car in your driveway. So that's the industry they have in England and not the USA I believe. And that's who the reviewer works for.
    Last edited by dspace9; 12-28-2019 at 03:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I watched this video too reviewing the Space Star in Germany. The guy is a funny guy and the review is a fair one. Myself, I didn't watch a single review or anything about the Mitsubishi Mirage like before I bought my Mirage.

I was at the dentist and they had cable tv on the ceiling, and I saw an ad for the Mirage. So I went for a test drive that day after the dentist and bought a new car. Then I had to wait for my really dark grey Thunder Grey car to be shipped, took like 4 weeks.

Some guy was picking up his new dark grey EVO the same day I got my new car.
    Last edited by dspace9; 12-28-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post

* Large vehicles
    * Unreliable vehicles

Yea I don't know if there's a direct correlation or any conspiracy going on, but something doesn't add up, and smells fishy, and what that is, is the car industry. Even Mitsubishi. I have a story and a half about my experiences with Mitsubishi. Real car owners will tell you the 10 year warranty is like pulling teeth getting stuff covered. Maybe just half the time right?