Thread: Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB Fitted Today.

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB Fitted Today.

Finally got an upgraded touchscreen infotainment system fitted to my Mirage. Total cost including all ancillaries and fitting was £402 (about $560 US & $688 CDN dollars. Never used DAB radio with the old unit but tried it with the Pioneer, pretty impressed. I was tempted to buy an ebay Chinese unit, I went to a car audio shop in Leeds and he would not fit them as he has given up because of too many returning complaints.

So, before

Name:  IMG_20191228_120012442.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  92.1 KB

And afterName:  IMG_20191229_145734695.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  91.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191229_145754266.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  80.2 KBName:  IMG_20191229_145800057.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  90.4 KB

Shows the new microphone and the last picture shows the DAB antenna.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks great! How long did it take you to install (assuming you needed an aftermarket wiring harness)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    Looks great! How long did it take you to install (assuming you needed an aftermarket wiring harness)?
    I didn't install it myself. We have a company here, Halfords, that deal with cars etc. I purchased the unit, £312, paid them another £90 for all wiring and fitting.
    Going to spend the next six months learning how to use it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Interesting - it looks like DAB is the future of radio (except for North America.) I wonder how many cars are sold without DAB/DAB+ installed from the factory?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting - it looks like DAB is the future of radio (except for North America.) I wonder how many cars are sold without DAB/DAB+ installed from the factory?
    Eggman, I wouldn't know the answer to that. However I believe the BBC introduced DAB in the early 90's, there was a big scare about 10-12 years ago that normal car stereo's would not work. I didn't bother with it, neither did the masses and it seemed to disappear.
    Most new cars in the UK (including the Mirage) are sold with DAB radios, albeit at a slightly higher price. Personally, I can't tell the difference between DAB, DAB+ or normal radio.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Looks really good! I still think your ride is the nicest on here as far as ammenities.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (12-31-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yeah, HD Radio is basically the same thing, but incompatible with the rest of the world...go figure.

But HD Radio and DAB have the advantage of a digital signal, so (at least) on the road, it seems to me that a digital signal is better, as the sound quality is more consistent, and doesn't tend to go from stereo to mono and back all the time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Looks really good! I still think your ride is the nicest on here as far as ammenities.
    Thanks DD, I can't really comment as all I know is British specced cars. One thing that boils my pis$ is we can't get the 4 door saloon version on these shores.

I'm having a stiffy now for the new Micra, my neice has one (company car) and it's bloody lovely..............................
    Now where the hell did I leave my cheque book.