Thread: Mitsubishi Europe chief promises to strengthen lineup of low-emissions SUVs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts

Mitsubishi Europe chief promises to strengthen lineup of low-emissions SUVs

I just read this article, & it gives a good outlook for Mitsubishi's future.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...emissions-suvs

These are a couple positives that I came away with.

First - There is very little focus on the merger with Renault/Nissan. It's not ignored, but you get a sense that Mitsubishi is maintaining it's identity in the auto industry.

Second - The future of the Mirage seems somewhat secure for now.

"The Space Star/Mirage is a strong seller, but it has been around since 2012. Will that continue or will tougher emissions requirements force you to discontinue it?
    The emissions are tough, but we are competitive in this segment and sales of the car are rising. We will continue making the car. We will even have a product update in the near future."

If it is a considered a strong seller as is, I hope it doesn't change drastically.

Third - I just come away with the feeling the Mitsubishi is doing ok. They have a realistic view of where there are, and they are content with slow steady growth.

Maybe other readers come away with other thoughts, but I found this update to be a bit more optimistic. I would like to see Mitsubishi maintain it's own presence in the auto industry, & this makes it seem like that is happening. Nissan can't even take care of itself very well at the moment. Maybe Mitsubishi can buy back their market shares some day? I would rather see Mitsubishi being associated with a company like Toyota or Suzuki rather than Renault/Nissan.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (12-31-2019),Daox (12-30-2019)