Thread: Mitsubishi Europe chief promises to strengthen lineup of low-emissions SUVs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Mitsubishi Europe chief promises to strengthen lineup of low-emissions SUVs

I just read this article, & it gives a good outlook for Mitsubishi's future.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...emissions-suvs

These are a couple positives that I came away with.

First - There is very little focus on the merger with Renault/Nissan. It's not ignored, but you get a sense that Mitsubishi is maintaining it's identity in the auto industry.

Second - The future of the Mirage seems somewhat secure for now.

"The Space Star/Mirage is a strong seller, but it has been around since 2012. Will that continue or will tougher emissions requirements force you to discontinue it?
    The emissions are tough, but we are competitive in this segment and sales of the car are rising. We will continue making the car. We will even have a product update in the near future."

If it is a considered a strong seller as is, I hope it doesn't change drastically.

Third - I just come away with the feeling the Mitsubishi is doing ok. They have a realistic view of where there are, and they are content with slow steady growth.

Maybe other readers come away with other thoughts, but I found this update to be a bit more optimistic. I would like to see Mitsubishi maintain it's own presence in the auto industry, & this makes it seem like that is happening. Nissan can't even take care of itself very well at the moment. Maybe Mitsubishi can buy back their market shares some day? I would rather see Mitsubishi being associated with a company like Toyota or Suzuki rather than Renault/Nissan.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (12-31-2019),Daox (12-30-2019)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

... I would rather see Mitsubishi being associated with a company like Toyota or Suzuki rather than Renault/Nissan.
    Well said!
    Here in Europe we have many cars the size of, and also many smaller and much smaller than the Mirage. There are plenty of Renaults here, also many Nissans, those more recently with Renault engines.
    If the body work or engine were remaniscant of Renault quality, I very certainly would never have considered buying this car in my wildest dreams!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I just read this article, & it gives a good outlook for Mitsubishi's future.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...emissions-suvs

These are a couple positives that I came away with.

First - There is very little focus on the merger with Renault/Nissan. It's not ignored, but you get a sense that Mitsubishi is maintaining it's identity in the auto industry.

Second - The future of the Mirage seems somewhat secure for now.

"The Space Star/Mirage is a strong seller, but it has been around since 2012. Will that continue or will tougher emissions requirements force you to discontinue it?
    The emissions are tough, but we are competitive in this segment and sales of the car are rising. We will continue making the car. We will even have a product update in the near future."

If it is a considered a strong seller as is, I hope it doesn't change drastically.

Third - I just come away with the feeling the Mitsubishi is doing ok. They have a realistic view of where there are, and they are content with slow steady growth.

Maybe other readers come away with other thoughts, but I found this update to be a bit more optimistic. I would like to see Mitsubishi maintain it's own presence in the auto industry, & this makes it seem like that is happening. Nissan can't even take care of itself very well at the moment. Maybe Mitsubishi can buy back their market shares some day? I would rather see Mitsubishi being associated with a company like Toyota or Suzuki rather than Renault/Nissan.
    Outlook for Mitsu's future in Europe seems fine. Its the NA market that scares me lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Outlook for Mitsu's future in Europe seems fine. Its the NA market that scares me lol.
    Mitsubishi also sells a pickup truck in Europe. Something they should be building here, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi also sells a pickup truck in Europe. Something they should be building here, too.
    I would buy a Mighty Max in a heartbeat. I love small trucks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I mean Mitsubishi know what they are doing for me I guess. Problem for me is that my next car needs to be bigger, but Mitsubishi sell this, and then massive SUVs. Unfortunately unless they add something in between I'll have to go elsewhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinfandel View Post
    I mean Mitsubishi know what they are doing for me I guess. Problem for me is that my next car needs to be bigger, but Mitsubishi sell this, and then massive SUVs. Unfortunately unless they add something in between I'll have to go elsewhere.
    A smaller vehicle like the new Hyundai Venue or KIA Soul would have been a bigger hit than the Eclipse Cross. Mitsubishi needs to come up with new names for new vehicle, too. Reusing names that don't fit what people vision is not smart.