Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage 2013-2019 Stereo with Fascia

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've downloaded a number of my old CDs on a USB memory stick, & I just leave it attached to the USB port in the glovebox of my 2017 Mirage. The "Media" button on the left of Itchad's & my radio allows me to access the music on the USB memory stick.

Your left button is a CD/Aux button. Do you have a USB port that taps into your radio system?
    Yes, an USB female on a wire in the glovebox. And it is selected by the CD/Aux button. Don't know if having a CD inside would block that, I never tried to put a CD in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I majored in World History, primarily English history at University. Also its my tribe lol.Name:  20200101_082751.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  82.1 KBout

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Due to an upgrade I have for sale the original stereo from my 2017 Mirage .
    It all works perfectly and will come with the fascia plate.

Wanting £150 Sterling plus shipping.

To buy from Mitsubishi you'd have to re-mortgage your home.Attachment 16603Attachment 16604Attachment 16605Attachment 16606
    Sorry to burst your bubble old bean but here across the pond the factory radios fetch $75, or about 50 pounds. I know the UK i s pricier, it just goes to show how different markets are.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

itschad (01-03-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble old bean but here across the pond the factory radios fetch $75, or about 50 pounds. I know the UK i s pricier, it just goes to show how different markets are.
    Jesus Christ, I was told by the moosh who fitted my Pioneer that I'd get £200 for it. Just spent the last 40 minutes investigating and you're right. One on Fleabay for £80.I think I may well keep the unit, if I sell my Mirage I'll get that re-installed & keep the Pioneer.
    You know, you can go off some people

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Jesus Christ, I was told by the moosh who fitted my Pioneer that I'd get £200 for it.
    Sounds like you have your buyer. Sell it to him. Or maybe he can help find a buyer through his business.

Seems to me that he gave decent advice and service otherwise.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-03-2020 at 05:30 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (01-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Jesus Christ, I was told by the moosh who fitted my Pioneer that I'd get £200 for it. Just spent the last 40 minutes investigating and you're right. One on Fleabay for £80.I think I may well keep the unit, if I sell my Mirage I'll get that re-installed & keep the Pioneer.
    You know, you can go off some people
    I have your same radio in my 2017 Mirage, & I can't think of any circumstance where I would spend any money on that system.

If you really like the new Pioneer system, I would have the factory radio reinstalled if you sell the car like you said. I've bought a used vehicle once where someone did that to it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (01-03-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sounds like you have your buyer. Sell it to him. Or maybe he can help find a buyer through his business.

Seems to me that he gave decent advice and service otherwise.
    The lad, an Lithuanian, works for a large company so it would be against company rules for him to buy then sell in store.
    I think I may keep it, it's on the bay of fleas now for £85, if it doesn't sell I'll not lose any sleep. Some years ago certain car manufactures ICE were expensive, what the hell happened?

I have your same radio in my 2017 Mirage, & I can't think of any circumstance where I would spend any money on that system.

If you really like the new Pioneer system, I would have the factory radio reinstalled if you sell the car like you said. I've bought a used vehicle once where someone did that to it.
    Totally agree. I hoped to recoup some cash for the Pioneer unit. I'll probably end up chucking in a drawer somewhere where it'll be forgotten and gone right out iof fashion.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    The lad, an Lithuanian, works for a large company so it would be against company rules for him to buy then sell in store.
    I think I may keep it, it's on the bay of fleas now for £85, if it doesn't sell I'll not lose any sleep. Some years ago certain car manufactures ICE were expensive, what the hell happened?

Totally agree. I hoped to recoup some cash for the Pioneer unit. I'll probably end up chucking in a drawer somewhere where it'll be forgotten and gone right out iof fashion.
    Back up cameras became mandatory in 2018 here. Thus, the end of a simple radio (with no screen) in new U.S. vehicles. Cheap aftermarket stuff makes selling items like this a bit more difficult.

I still remember the days when base level cars didn't come with a radio. Those days are long gone!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (01-04-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Back up cameras became mandatory in 2018 here. Thus, the end of a simple radio (with no screen) in new U.S. vehicles. Cheap aftermarket stuff makes selling items like this a bit more difficult.

I still remember the days when base level cars didn't come with a radio. Those days are long gone!
    I too recall those days of radioless cars. The first car I had fortunately did come with a Motorola push button LW/MW radio.
    My father had an Austin A40 Farina that didn't even have a heater. Nice old car though.

Name:  Austin_A40_MkII_Countryman_rear.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  99.9 KB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-04-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My father had an Austin A40 Farina that didn't even have a heater. Nice old car though.
    Yea eh itschad. No heater, isn't that hard to believe!? My Mom had an Austin back in the early 70s. Not sure the year. I may have mentioned this to you already.

This was in Canada though. But with my grandma being from Scotland, she passed on the tradition, and bought English cars apparently.

Cool red Austin there. I do like the design. I have seen a classic Volvo of that era before, like at a gas station once, and asked the owner about their classic Volvo. To my eyes they are sort of similar..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (01-05-2020)