Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage 2013-2019 Stereo with Fascia

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Yea eh itschad. No heater, isn't that hard to believe!? My Mom had an Austin back in the early 70s. Not sure the year. I may have mentioned this to you already.

This was in Canada though. But with my grandma being from Scotland, she passed on the tradition, and bought English cars apparently.

Cool red Austin there. I do like the design. I have seen a classic Volvo of that era before, like at a gas station once, and asked the owner about their classic Volvo. To my eyes they are sort of similar..
    Yes, all manufacturers in the 50's & early 60's offered vehicles without a heater, sod that. I remember in the late 50's my father had a Rover 90, pure luxury for a little boy sinking into leather seats, hell I can even recall the smell of leather and wood. I have a liking for old cars but, regrettably, cannot justify the expense of owning one. Funny what we see in cars, I don't see Volvo there but maybe a model I don't know.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Yes, all manufacturers in the 50's & early 60's offered vehicles without a heater, sod that. I remember in the late 50's my father had a Rover 90, pure luxury for a little boy sinking into leather seats, hell I can even recall the smell of leather and wood. I have a liking for old cars but, regrettably, cannot justify the expense of owning one. Funny what we see in cars, I don't see Volvo there but maybe a model I don't know.
    I'm pretty sure there were Canadian-made Volvo's back in the day. Like somehow, I think in Halifax. Possibly the DeLorean and/or Bricklin as well has Canadian connections. My father had a 1963 Plymouth Valiant black hardtop 2 door coupe with 17,000km's on it back in the 80s. Red and white vinyl interior. I remember those hot seats for sure. Showroom condition.. and then there's real showroom condition.

I have read about Rover from books my Aunt brought me back from the UK. Good quality books, colour encyclopedias almost, of many English car brands obviously. And others Unique gift I still consult about cars. So the rover is pure opulence, and road excellence at high speeds I am sure.

Plymouth Valiants are more of the econoboxes of the day, like a Canadian-only trim of a Dodge Dart clone car. Original Dodge Dart, and before they went muscle car.

Last edited by dspace9; 01-05-2020 at 09:13 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (01-06-2020)