Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My God, did I bloody ache!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    That's a sound idea, however, firstly they are not HEADRESTS they are HEAD RESTRAINTS. They are angled that way to prevent injury (whiplash) in a collision. There are many trivial accidents that a fly for example would survive but unscrupulous people try to make an injury claim. When I first started driving there were none at all unless you invested in a high class car.
    Good point Itschad! I like sitting quite upright when I drive, & I haven't found the head restraints to be an issue.

I am a part-time driving instructor. One of my pet-peeves is young drivers that want to slouch back in the driver's seat. A driver's seat is not a living room recliner.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-03-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Monday 23rd I took my mental Mirage down to London for the Christmas period. I had to drop off a gun not too far from Stanstead Airport and then onto Forest Hill South London.
    I have to say that, for me, the Mirage is not a comfortable car for a long 'un. At Stanstead I had to call a chiropractor to put me back together again with a bit of spinal manipulation. I was in bloody agony.

Then onto Forest Hill, some 40 odd miles away. Prior to leaving Yorkshire all tyre pressures were checked along with water and oil.
    Some months ago I replaced the two front tyres (GT radial tyres) I cannot for the life of me recommend them. The Mirage has vague steering as it is these GT tyres exacerbate the issue. it wandersover the road like I do after a bottle of whisky.

Also the fuel consumption is not anywhere near as good as I expected, 50 mpg on the way down and 48 back home???
    The Fiat Panda I had previous was worse on the mpg but had far better road manners and no dislodged vertebrae after a run. Good points are that it's pretty nippy (hope nobody's watching, I hit 105 mph) and all the gizmo's were a boon, especially cruise control and The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and the Eagles busting my eardrums through the sound system. Will look to add better speakers soon.
    Now, Would I Buy Another............................err, no. Simply bone manipulators ain't cheap.
    Happy New Year peeps = people
    You had to drop off a gun? Now that does sound like some London underworld gangster sh!t that Michael Caine would of been involved in in the 60s. Didnt Caine beat the snot out of some thug the Kray twins sicced on him in like 1960 or something? Thought I read that. Either way, actor or not, Michael Caine doesnt strike me as the type of man you want to have a go at.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Good point Itschad! I like sitting quite upright when I drive, & I haven't found the head restraints to be an issue.

I am a part-time driving instructor. One of my pet-peeves is young drivers that want to slouch back in the driver's seat. A driver's seat is not a living room recliner.
    My eyes, are we related? I was a driving instructor too, I had to do some serious stuff that would not be allowed today to get the yobbish boys to drive in an upright position rather than nigh on horizontal.
    One lad I physically threw out of the car as he was a danger to me and other road users.
    He complained to the branch manager who politely informed him to f@@k off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove from a small town in the northern part of New Jersey (U.S.) to Atlantic City for a convention, for me an almost 2 hour drive, and had no issues, didn't stop once on the way.
    The seats while not prefect are pretty comfortable (from my perspective).

I did have to ride around in a 2007 Prius for a year or two (around 2008, it was lease takeover) and good grief the seats in those cars were absolutely atrocious, I would start cramping after 20 minutes of driving forget about longer stints, drove into NYC a few times with it and it was agony...

I loved the seats in my dad's 2008 Smart Fortwo, the ergonomics were fantastic, miss that car...

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    The best seats in any car has to be Volvo's. Me & 'er indoors drove all over Yorkshire in a S40, absolute hours behind the wheel (It was a Volvo, didn't allow her to drive it) never got fatigued. Close to Volvo was a Vw Bora then a Vw Passat.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You had to drop off a gun? Now that does sound like some London underworld gangster sh!t that Michael Caine would of been involved in in the 60s. Didnt Caine beat the snot out of some thug the Kray twins sicced on him in like 1960 or something? Thought I read that. Either way, actor or not, Michael Caine doesnt strike me as the type of man you want to have a go at.
    Sorry Dirk, I missed this. Sometimes I don't get a message to indicate a reply has been posted.

Yes a gun drop off, nothing illegal though

Name:  62544773-stock-vector-policeman.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  17.9 KB

As far as I know MC never had any connection with the twins and I've never heard of MC going into one.
    Of course there were his Alfie days in London in the early 60's.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Sorry Dirk, I missed this. Sometimes I don't get a message to indicate a reply has been posted.

Yes a gun drop off, nothing illegal though

Name:  62544773-stock-vector-policeman.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  17.9 KB

As far as I know MC never had any connection with the twins and I've never heard of MC going into one.
    Of course there were his Alfie days in London in the early 60's.
    He's claimed in interviews he was friends with the Krays but they turned on him. I do know MC is a Korean War veteran who saw horrid action on the 38th parallel. Within his 1st night in Korea he had to open up on a wave of Chinese soldiers coming at him with a .30 cal machine gun. Alot of Americans dont realize the UK lost alot of men of there as well. This was written in MC autobiography.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    He's claimed in interviews he was friends with the Krays but they turned on him. I do know MC is a Korean War veteran who saw horrid action on the 38th parallel. Within his 1st night in Korea he had to open up on a wave of Chinese soldiers coming at him with a .30 cal machine gun. Alot of Americans dont realize the UK lost alot of men of there as well. This was written in MC autobiography.
    Yes I have heard and read about his Korean days. I've read two of Mike's autobiographies, still cannot remember any mix up with Ron & Reg. The last book I read from Mike was 70, Not Out. Good book that I still have.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been finding the seats in my '17 to be uncomfortable, too, but it's mostly in my hips and lower back.

Has anyone done anything improve the seats? Cushions, pads, covers, anything like that?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    See post #5.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Macmoto For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (01-31-2020)