Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My God, did I bloody ache!!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I drove coast to coast across Canada in ours. I had to take a few days of massage and physio. I fit in the car fine enough, but the utter and horrifying lack of lumbar support is what does me in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    I drove coast to coast across Canada in ours. I had to take a few days of massage and physio. I fit in the car fine enough, but the utter and horrifying lack of lumbar support is what does me in.
    I'm guessing that that is further than my 225 mile jaunt. Just popping around town the Mirage is fine. It's wallet friendly build shows up on a long 'un. But having said that, strangely, I love the little car.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-31-2020),inuvik (01-31-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    I'm guessing that that is further than my 225 mile jaunt. Just popping around town the Mirage is fine. It's wallet friendly build shows up on a long 'un. But having said that, strangely, I love the little car.
    Well, Canada is 5,780 miles wide so just a bit.

But I also strangely love the little Mirage.

I'm debating taking mine on a 1000km/6xxxmile trip to visit family in BC this summer. But that'd be just me and my 2 youngest kids, there's no way that all 5 of us and a dog are gonna attempt that crap. Could duct tape the dog to the roof and toss the kid's car seat and booster seat out I guess and make it work.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm debating taking mine on a 1000km/6xxxmile trip to visit family in BC this summer. But that'd be just me and my 2 youngest kids, there's no way that all 5 of us and a dog are gonna attempt that crap. Could duct tape the dog to the roof and toss the kid's car seat and booster seat out I guess and make it work.
    You'll be fine. The soft suspension makes for a nice highway ride, its cloud like. I've done multiple Atlanta, GA to Charleston, SC road trips, about 600 miles total each time. No cruise control either lol. Just pull over every 3 hours and stretch for 5 mins, it'll really prevent alot of aches and pains. Road and wind noise arent as pronounced as auto critics would have you believe. Nothing the podcast cant drown out on VOL 35 and up. I cruised comfortably doing 70 to 75 mph. The Mirage is up for it. Tough little engine. My MPG was around 38 mpg because I would do 80 mph for some stretches. To me, its just fine at 75, but over 80 and its gets a touch shake. Also that flat bench isnt too bad to sit on for hours at a time. I've had plenty of passengers fall asleep back there lol. Your kids will too probably.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    I'm with you. I can appreciate all the weight saving they did, but these are some of the worst seats. No lumbar OR significant lateral support. At least not for typical U.S./ Canadian frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You'll be fine. The soft suspension makes for a nice highway ride, its cloud like. I've done multiple Atlanta, GA to Charleston, SC road trips, about 600 miles total each time. No cruise control either lol. Just pull over every 3 hours and stretch for 5 mins, it'll really prevent alot of aches and pains. Road and wind noise arent as pronounced as auto critics would have you believe. Nothing the podcast cant drown out on VOL 35 and up. I cruised comfortably doing 70 to 75 mph. The Mirage is up for it. Tough little engine. My MPG was around 38 mpg because I would do 80 mph for some stretches. To me, its just fine at 75, but over 80 and its gets a touch shake. Also that flat bench isnt too bad to sit on for hours at a time. I've had plenty of passengers fall asleep back there lol. Your kids will too probably.
    I'm not too worried about noise in the car, it's a cadillac compared to the trucks I've owned. Even my current one has some stupid horky muffler the previous owner installed, it just gives off a deafening drone on the highway.
    I've only had the car out of town once, did 77-80mph for an hour or so both ways. Car was fine but got blown around by semis a bit.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-31-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm not too worried about noise in the car, it's a cadillac compared to the trucks I've owned. Even my current one has some stupid horky muffler the previous owner installed, it just gives off a deafening drone on the highway.
    I've only had the car out of town once, did 77-80mph for an hour or so both ways. Car was fine but got blown around by semis a bit.
    Daox anti-sway bar will cure a lot of that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-31-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Well, Canada is 5,780 miles wide so just a bit.
    That's almost as wide as my ex wife's mouth.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-31-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I've been finding the seats in my '17 to be uncomfortable, too, but it's mostly in my hips and lower back.

Has anyone done anything improve the seats? Cushions, pads, covers, anything like that?

You may want to look at post number 6 of this thread:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...lumbar-support