Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage .... DONE!!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage .... DONE!!

After hitting its 2nd deer, this car was written as a total loss!! Bummer as was a very dependable car. It was my commuter car and have decided not to replace it at this time. I got a surprised good check for the loss.

Cret

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, what....are....you....getting....next?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Well, what....are....you....getting....next?
    Right now, looking maybe at a Toyota Echo with 104k mile with a 5 speed in great shape for 2k

Mirage in my area area are not great deal right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cretbo View Post
    Right now, looking maybe at a Toyota Echo with 104k mile with a 5 speed in great shape for 2k

Mirage in my area area are not great deal right now.
    I believe the Toyota Echo shares some similarities with the Mirage. Not well liked by car critics, but adored by actual owners. Sadly, the no frills era of 2000-05 Toyota Echo doesn't really exist much any more.

Some people just want cheap, reliable, basic transportation. I don't even consider the Mirage ES a base trim level any more, & it has gained more & more features each year.

If it isn't rusted out much, a Toyota Echo with 104,000 miles on it should have a lot of life left in it. For $2,000 I don't blame you for considering it at all.

Sorry to hear about a deer taking out your Mirage. Sadly, that happens all to frequently! Maybe when the Echo wears out, you'll be back in a cheaper Mirage again!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We now have a winner for most deer hit in a Mirage!

If you can find an echo hatchback those are great cars and the NZ-FE family of engines they had were absolutely bullet proof.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    CVT or manual? How many miles did you get out of ur Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    CVT or manual? How many miles did you get out of ur Mirage?
    It was a CVT and found its death by Deer! 88k miles and was going strong. Bought for 7800 ish in 2016 with 21k miles. Survived 1 vicious deer hit where I got it back fixed and this hit was determined not worth the money to fix per value of car. Was really a good vehicle ... but was offered a check from Insurance company I could not pass up. Would consider buying another in future but right now it was an extra vehicle... so will see as far as replacing. This site was fantastic help and reference. Thank you all!!

Bob

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi all .... took the money as my 2014 was totalled. Bought a 2003 Toyota Echo automatic with 102k miles on it. Paid 1800 and nothing wrong with it and rust free. Getting about 35 mpg in winter. Very impressed with this smooth running automatic. As far as automatics, no comparison as Echo beats that stop CVT. Mirage was better in snow but this Echo is super smooth. Feel ver fortunate profound this great deal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cretbo For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cretbo View Post
    Hi all .... took the money as my 2014 was totalled. Bought a 2003 Toyota Echo automatic with 102k miles on it. Paid 1800 and nothing wrong with it and rust free. Getting about 35 mpg in winter. Very impressed with this smooth running automatic. As far as automatics, no comparison as Echo beats that stop CVT. Mirage was better in snow but this Echo is super smooth. Feel ver fortunate profound this great deal.
    Echos are good. Any pics?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My dad still drives my old 2002 Echo sedan. 250,000 miles plus and still running strong!

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...