Thread: Phone (Bluetooth) not working

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Phone (Bluetooth) not working

Happy New Year to everyone!

I am really glad to have Mirage as my daily commuter. Saving fuel and Easy to drive!

Unfortunately, my 6.5" multimedia (infotainment) has a phone function missing issue.
    Since the first day, I found out the phone icon is not turning green; meaning, it is not available.
    Tried to contact my dealer to book an appointment, but it worked again!!!
    Yesterday, it stopped working again!!! Tried fuses and resetting.... no luck....

What I suspect is the wire hardness issues, but I don't know where to start with....
    (Wire is not connected, so the phone function cannot be triggered on?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MigWay View Post
    Unfortunately, my 6.5" multimedia (infotainment) has a phone function missing issue.
    Hello MigWay and welcome to the forum.

Here in North America the Mirage was and is offered with more than one display audio system. While I don't know which you have, there are some things that can be checked. First, make sure your phone is caught up with software updates.

Then check our list of TSBs. For example:

TIN: 2017 DAS (Display Audio System) Software Update
    TIN: SDA (Smart Display Audio) Software Update
    TIN: Ending Call with iPhoneŽ (11.0/11.0.1) Using Apple CarPlay™
    TSB: Display Audio Failure In Cold Temperatures

I apologize as I'm unable to fully understand the problem you are describing (probably due to language.) Also, I don't have a display audio system and thus am not familiar with how they operate. It would be helpful if you can provide more detailed information such as what type of display audio system and phone you have,.

Hopefully someone else who has had this problem will chime in with assistance.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-03-2020 at 05:19 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It was working marginally in the past few weeks until yesterday. (disconnected randomly)
    Driving on the way to work, phone got disconnected suddenly. My phone was place in the bag and Bluetooth ON.

Today, I stopped by dealer where I purchased the vehicle. At first, they still didn't believe in what issue I am having now. They pulled the vehicle in to do some "phone pairing" diagnosis. They've tried more than 2 phones from staffs, no luck. Bluetooth module in that stereo unit is not discoverable, which is more likely a module not broadcasting signals out. They found a stereo unit and replaced it. Boom! Now, everything is solved!

Notice at first sight:
    1. better system responses... system crashed at the first day and rebooted itself. usually, there is a delayed response after you click (few ms longer only)
    2. clearer screen display... the original equipped one is a bit blurred and will have less colour saturation if lower than -15C
    3. better phone call quality... my friends were complaining about how bad the quality was, chopping, not clear, etc.
    4. buttons backlights flash normally now... I have dealer installed remote starter. If using aftermarket remote unlocks or locks doors, it would flash irregularly...looks like the current or something is not charged correctly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MigWay View Post
    They found a stereo unit and replaced it. Boom! Now, everything is solved!
    That's good news MigWay! I'm glad they found and fixed the problem for you - thanks for sharing the results.

Please keep in touch. Stop back and let us know if things are going well or if problems return.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)